How to get into Southwest

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
This is starting to feel like a troll job.
I will take a stab at the check-ride failure question. First off, you should be able to explain the circumstances for each one without being defensive. Also the learning experience from that event. Airlines look closer at 121/135 checkride failures as opposed to those during initial flight training. I would venture to say there is no set number that would knock you out, however if you have a history of them in the airline world then it will be an uphill battle. But for sure, if you can't talk about them or you try to blame someone else for the outcome you will not be favorably considered. Best of luck.
Quote: Smooth at FL450, Thank you for the advice. how many check ride failures makes it hard to get into SW?
How many do you have?
Quote: How many do you have?
Sadly 4. But nothing 121 or 135.
What was failed?
Quote: Sadly 4. But nothing 121 or 135.

Whoa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: What was failed?
PPL, I was young and nervous. IR flight, CFI initial. then multi ad on.
Quote:
Since you apparently won’t be starting at Skywest for awhile, it’s not entirely surprising you haven’t yet got a 121 failure.

PPL, I was young and nervous. IR flight, CFI initial. then multi ad on.
Shouldn’t be a problem...once SWA exhausts their supply of applicants with three or less failures...

Depending, of course, on how you do when you actually do get a 121 training event...

Quote: PPL, I was young and nervous. IR flight, CFI initial. then multi ad on.
The private isn’t a big deal. The rest need an explanation. For me, it’s a red flag.

Maybe trolling? Could be. I’m out.
4 is a lot. It’s a good thing you’re not applying any time soon.

And because you don’t really have a 121/135 history; saying “none” for 121 or 135 is not much help.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to