Vacancy 20-04V

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to
Quote: Why are folks thinking there was going to be a MOAB? Where did that rumor start?
Because generally pilot groups tend to believe any stupid s*it they hear. By the way, management knows that too........
I was at that Town Hall, don’t reall ever hearing the word MOAB. But could
Be wrong .

All other emails I read were smaller Vacancies more often
Quote: A friend was in EWR for a townhall end of September early October......Fabian apparently said December MOAB.

That’s was the first I heard of it.......so because the company said expect the MOAB I thought we would have said MOAB.....
Fabian???? Who the eff is Fabian?
Before you answer, let me partially answer the question... definitely not someone well known enough to only use his first name.
Job title please next time. Oscar and a couple others can be first name but NFW Fabian qualifies.
I believe the CP of one of the largest domiciles in the system probably qualifies to most. I’ve seen references to “Bo” many times and nobody had issues with that.
EWR chief pilot. I was not at the town hall. Friend was at the meeting. His quote was “largest bid in United Airlines history”....hence the nickname MOAB.
Quote: EWR chief pilot. I was not at the town hall. Friend was at the meeting. His quote was “largest bid in United Airlines history”....hence the nickname MOAB.
We had much bigger bids in the late 90s when we were hiring 1,000 pilots a year. It would have to be pretty big to be the “largest in history”
O2

Once again that was the information passed to me. That is why I assumed a Huuuuuuge bid in December. They also seem to be using company history to reference since the merger.
Y'all need perspective. Month after month of bids with 100s of positions each bid is a net net "Mother of all Bids". The bids are limited by training slots so numbers wise what you see is what you can expect.

The question is what will happen during the next down turn. Our VP has said he intends to go on the attack and continue to grow during the next down turn. We shall see . . .

From an historical perspective, IF that happened, and IF that works, it will be genius.
Almost 2000 vacancies have been advertised this year. That number doesn’t include backfills.

Considering how junior CA, WB CA and WB FO are going and that training capacity is maxed out, I don’t know what more could be done.
Quote: I believe the CP of one of the largest domiciles in the system probably qualifies to most. I’ve seen references to “Bo” many times and nobody had issues with that.
Most pilots outside of their base have no clue who the other CPs are, no matter how large. How or why would they?

Bo was the System Chief Pilot. Totally different.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to