My UA Discount travel question

Subscribe
Does anyone know if there is a fee to check bags while using the my UA travel discount?

I am looking for baggage rules for using this program and I don't want to see my family members screw this up while traveling over the holidays.

Thanks for any gouge on this.
There was a thread on this a while back, I believe that UA20 tickets all qualify for 2 checked bags. Checkout the travel page on FT, it has full details.
Quote: There was a thread on this a while back, I believe that UA20 tickets all qualify for 2 checked bags. Checkout the travel page on FT, it has full details.
I believe that’s correct. Just traveled to Rome and back on UA20 tickets and we checked a bag both ways, no fee. Pretty sure you get two.
Quote: I believe that’s correct. Just traveled to Rome and back on UA20 tickets and we checked a bag both ways, no fee. Pretty sure you get two.
I concur. Lately been buying with the discount when traveling abroad with the family (it has been a fantastic deal lately for long haul).
Just did this.

Yes baggage fees waived, even for basic economy fares. You might want to print out the rules for your family.

Has anybody had an enrolled friend use this program?
Quote: Just did this.

Yes baggage fees waived, even for basic economy fares. You might want to print out the rules for your family.

Has anybody had an enrolled friend use this program?
Pretty sure the employee has to purchase UA discount tickets FOR the passrider.

I was not able to purchase one for my spouse using her login to the erespassrider.united.com site or the untied app.

2 bags each at 70lbs per bag

The only catch with basic economy is while you get 2 free check bags still, you do not get a carry-on , only a small personal item.
Yes. 2 free checked bags on D20. But I prefer the free lie flat Polaris seats on vaca passes the wife and I just enjoyed from Japan. Also with 2 free checked bags. Terrific 😏
thanks for the responses. appreciate it.
One can use the employee discount to purchase business class seats as well...I do it often.