New Hire Bases and DCA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Is IND a new hire Base since SDF opened up? And who’s junior IND or SDF?
Of the two, recent new hires have been getting SDF, IND seems to be taking a little longer.
Wonder who has the best lines
IND is typically senior on both sides. People love the Vatican City. Why? I'm still trying to figure that out.
I don't think there have been any vacancies on either side in Indy for last couple of months. It's been moving slow for awhile.

Meanwhile 14 PIT FO vacancies in March.....
What Base is best for a commuter who lives in IND if I didn’t get it out of training?
Quote: What Base is best for a commuter who lives in IND if I didn’t get it out of training?
SDF would probably be a little better given the quickest drive time from Indy. It's small, with lots of early starts and late finishes, so you'd probably still want a crash pad.
Quote: SDF would probably be a little better given the quickest drive time from Indy. It's small, with lots of early starts and late finishes, so you'd probably still want a crash pad.
So what Base doesn’t have early shows and late finishes? Where can you find the best commutable lines?
Quote: What Base is best for a commuter who lives in IND if I didn’t get it out of training?
I’ve been thinking about this since I live in IND and may not get it out of training. It seems SDF or ORD would be at the top as an FO. SDF cause it’s the closest and you can drive. ORD because there are usually 15+ flights a day and you could also drive if you need to.

After that, in no particular order and basing it purely on one leg commutes of about the same distance:
EWR, LGA, DCA, PHL and BOS.

Next would be MIA or IAH because those would also be one leg commutes, but much longer flights than the above and usually less flights each day.

At the bottom of the list would be MCI*, PIT and CMH because they are all too far to drive and they are all two leg commutes.

*MCI - SW does fly IND-MCI six days a week most months so that could move it up the list.

Understand that this list is based mainly on distance and number of one leg flights, and doesn’t account for commutable trips or base seniority.
Quote: I’ve been thinking about this since I live in IND and may not get it out of training. It seems SDF or ORD would be at the top as an FO. SDF cause it’s the closest and you can drive. ORD because there are usually 15+ flights a day and you could also drive if you need to.

After that, in no particular order and basing it purely on one leg commutes of about the same distance:
EWR, LGA, DCA, PHL and BOS.

Next would be MIA or IAH because those would also be one leg commutes, but much longer flights than the above and usually less flights each day.

At the bottom of the list would be MCI*, PIT and CMH because they are all too far to drive and they are all two leg commutes.

*MCI - SW does fly IND-MCI six days a week most months so that could move it up the list.

Understand that this list is based mainly on distance and number of one leg flights, and doesn’t account for commutable trips or base seniority.
I’ll tell you what I really wish IND wasn’t an outstation that has early shows and late arrivals. Late being 2300 every night. Seems like you could commute and be home sooner. Is SDF an outstation? Because if SDF isn’t and gets you home at descent hour that would be better base since my drive is almost the same either way
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to