$200 AMEX Airline fee credit

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: I can confirm that the $50 gift card is no longer reimbursed. I contacted customer service and left a comment for them to re-evaluate this policy. They deny anything related to actual ticket purchases but I told them gift cards can be used for more than ticket purchases and that not using this benefit makes me think twice about having this card. Maybe a mass appeal from everyone with the card could get this changed?
Scoop. Did you purchase on a mobile device or desktop (iOS vs. OS)?
I tried this earlier this year and can confirm, I did not receive credit. Up until last year I’d always used the $200 to buy DAL GCs. Now my new problem is that I have 20+ $50 GCs and the geniuses at delta IT have made it so each purchase can only use a max of 8 GCs.
Quote: Scoop. Did you purchase on a mobile device or desktop (iOS vs. OS)?
I did not buy any gift cards.

Scoop
Anyone have success in switching their credit to another airline and reimbursing ZEDs? Usually buy a few ZEDs for my wife on Southwest each year so thought of switching up. Or even KLM/AF for Euro travels.
Quote: I did not buy any gift cards.

Scoop
wrong guy, sorry.
was directed at Mispoken.

the iOS gift card purchases go through a vendor and do not generate proper coding for reimbursement.
Amex is in cost cutting mode right now to try and boost profitability. That is why they are starting to clamp down on benefits. PP meals - gone. Gift card purchase with airline benefit - gone. Centurion Club - pretty much useless.
Quote: Amex is in cost cutting mode right now to try and boost profitability. That is why they are starting to clamp down on benefits. PP meals - gone. Gift card purchase with airline benefit - gone. Centurion Club - pretty much useless.
I haven't been to a CC in years, what did they do to that?
Quote: I tried this earlier this year and can confirm, I did not receive credit. Up until last year I’d always used the $200 to buy DAL GCs. Now my new problem is that I have 20+ $50 GCs and the geniuses at delta IT have made it so each purchase can only use a max of 8 GCs.
Can you buy one 400 dollar gift card with 8 50 dollar gift cards?
I’m going to try that
This thread reminds me of a friend (major airline pilot) who is a "super couponer". Years ago he found some deal where he could buy 4 bottles of shampoo for half price then turn around later the same day and return them for a store credit refund at full price. The rage when the store put a stop to his scam was something to behold. Pilots really are the cheapest people on earth.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to