$200 AMEX Airline fee credit

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7 
Page 7 of 7
Go to
Quote: I called the loyalty division and they gave me a $500 statement credit. I use my card for all my purchases so I’m a very active member. YMMV.
call them, I worked a very powerful, strong, tremendous deal. Basically $550 credit.
Quote: call them, I worked a very powerful, strong, tremendous deal. Basically $550 credit.

People are saying it’s the best deal ever negotiated.
Quote: call them, I worked a very powerful, strong, tremendous deal. Basically $550 credit.

Dude,

You negotiated bigly!

Scoop
Quote: Dude,

You negotiated bigly!

Scoop
I went in as a low energy person, and got a pathetic, disgusting deal. But then I realized, I'm a phenomenal, big league guy. A lot of people were saying, and everybody was talking about it, that's just what I heard. And believe me, I must tell you, to be perfectly honest, the women, the Latinos, totally think I got a fabulous deal.
Fly confirmed for less
Anyone know if using the AMEX platinum will qualify for the $200 statement credit when purchasing fly confirmed for less tickets?

Thanks
Quote: Anyone know if using the AMEX platinum will qualify for the $200 statement credit when purchasing fly confirmed for less tickets?

Thanks
99% sure they won’t. They don’t work on normal airfare. They no longer work with gift cards. It’s something with how the fees are coded in the purchasing process.
Fine print
I think the $200 airline fee statement credit changed in recent years. I dug into the fine print and it is now only for “incidentals,” such as inflight meal purchases, bag charges etc… I still bought the ticket.
It does not work for the ticket, but once you buy the ticket it works for upgrades. At least it did for me. Upgrade both seats right afterwards to comfort plus for 20 a piece. Refunded me the next week.
Just looked on the AMEX site and did not see the Delta lounge privileges. Did that go away?
The AMEX platinum still works for the Skyclub. You can get in with the card and a boarding pass or the card and a seat request. I also have used the fee credit to buy my wife a one day pass when we travel.

Scoop
3  4  5  6  7 
Page 7 of 7
Go to