Reserve And Upgrade Times

Subscribe
Good day everyone! I just have a question for anybody that’s willing to answer. I just completed my instrument rating and am beginning my commercial training after I’m done with college this year. I’m trying for a career in the airlines and after doing countless hours of research based off of what I should be looking for and having a close relationship with a captain at a major I’ve decided that QOL followed by upgrade times are my top priorities since I desire to reach the majors. That being said I have my eyes set on PSA and Endeavor for a regional since I can commute to either Atlanta or Charlotte out of my local airport (KMLB). The issue with PSA, however, is that the reserve times have shot up to a year recently. That being said, does higher reserve times generally correlate with higher upgrade times? I’d appreciate any input from those familiar with the inner workings of seniority and reserve times. Thank you.
Higher reserve times generally correlate to slower upwards movement.

But it's possible to have long reserve times (and low utilization, ie don't fly much) if the airline decides to pad it's bench strength against future attrition, future growth, or both. That might mean temporary stagnation, followed by rapid movement.

You really should ask someone who works at the airline in question (or post in their APC forum).
Wait til you’re approaching ATP minimums, it’s too early to worry about it and the answer will change by then.

GF