IT

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I'm about to start indoc within the next month. Seems like there's a lot of things that are done with old fashioned pen and paper even with just the new hire stuff. More so than the regional I was at. How's the IT out on the line?
It will take some getting used to working for Spirit. We are low-cost carrier and you can definitely see that in our training and our infrastructure. They are working harder on it as we get bigger but as far as a training experience and technology it will be a step below what you may be used to you in a well run regional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: It will take some getting used to working for Spirit. We are low-cost carrier and you can definitely see that in our training and our infrastructure. They are working harder on it as we get bigger but as far as a training experience and technology it will be a step below what you may be used to you in a well run regional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response. How are things like mx write ups, releases, or mx logs? All paper, or some Ipad?
Quote: Thanks for the response. How are things like mx write ups, releases, or mx logs? All paper, or some Ipad?
Why does it matter?

What’s wrong with pen and paper?
Quote: Why does it matter?

What’s wrong with pen and paper?
A couple of things that come to mind, like if we have a mx issue on taxi out we can do a mx reset and be back in service without return to gate through the ipad. Also not needing to run to the crew room to print a release, or having to calculate w/b manually. Not necessarily bad things, I'd be more than willing to do it, but just curious as to what it will be like for the next however many years of my career
Releases are brought to you by the gate. MEL? The captain will write it up get an amendment from the ACARS and we are good to go. You won’t need to worry about pen and ink unless your ACARS is inop....no big deal
Unfortunately it’s not as nice as OO’s FlightView. Maybe we’ll get something like that in the long run
Ecellent, thanks guys. Any tips for training? From what I have here just know the flows, bolded limiatations, and emergency procedures?
Quote: Ecellent, thanks guys. Any tips for training? From what I have here just know the flows, bolded limiatations, and emergency procedures?
Limitations, memory items, AOM Vol 2, and get together with you sim partner and a study group.
Quote: Limitations, memory items, AOM Vol 2, and get together with you sim partner and a study group.
Will do, thanks
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to