How Long Was Your Part 135 Initial Training?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I'm trying to get a sense for how many weeks (months?) I'd be gone for my initial training if I were to get hired with a Part 135 operator. For those of you with past/present 135 jobs, how many weeks did your initial training take? If you're willing to also share, I'd be interested to know which operator you are/were with for the training.

Thx in advance.
Quote: I'm trying to get a sense for how many weeks (months?) I'd be gone for my initial training if I were to get hired with a Part 135 operator. For those of you with past/present 135 jobs, how many weeks did your initial training take? If you're willing to also share, I'd be interested to know which operator you are/were with for the training.

Thx in advance.
It varies with the type 135 operator you go to. Does the carrier you want to go to do online CTS training or classroom style. I have had companies that were 80 hours of CTS at home followed by 3 days of Indoc followed by FS. And others have lasted for 3 week of indoc followed by FSI. FSI length is based upon type of airplane you are going for and is the same length regardless of the company you work for.
One week of Indoc one week of training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two months at Cape Air. It was all in the aircraft in the middle of winter so that slowed things down a bit.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
About a month for Ravn Connect, depending on your slot for flight training.
Tradewind is one week of indoc/IFR/GOM stuff, one week of Pilatus systems, then you go to DFW and get 4 rides in a LD sim and a checkride, which usually takes about another week.
@ Boutique. 40 hrs + of online training, 8 days Indoc/ground training. 6-10 hrs of training in aircraft before checkride(2-3 weeks) *if weather and aircraft availability permit.
For Plane Sense it will be about 3 weeks in PSM then a week in DFW at Flight Safety
Shortest was 7 days from walking in to finishing the checkride.

Longest was 6 weeks and I was ready to walk when the company decided to give me a check ride.

It all depends on the company and aircraft availability.
Quote: One week of Indoc one week of training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Was that at Quest Diagnostics?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to