Why Is Alaska Hiring so many Pilots?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 24
Go to
Just curious, your thoughts, on why we continue to hire when we are getting rid of 10- 319s, and the Max is somewhat of a unknown. Any thoughts? Wise cracks are welcomed too!

HppyD
I think we lost about 50 pilots this year alone just off the math I did at my seniority.
About 75 actually. Around 40 quit and just over 30 retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully the company also realizes that despite no fleet decision being made yet, they still need to hire pilots for future growth plans, whatever those might be, and to keep up with attrition. It would be nice if they realized that maintaining the bare minimum of staffing levels does not mean we are "properly staffed", so I hope the hiring continues for the foreseeable future.
I know three that left his month.
With the latest email from the company expect to start seeing captains leaving too. This place is a nightmare.
Quote: I know three that left his month.
With the latest email from the company expect to start seeing captains leaving too. This place is a nightmare.
Email today has been mentioned twice now. “Retreat... retreat...retreat.... SEA that growing metropolis of wonderment!!! The Emerald City!!” “Must defend The Hill against unrelenting competition.”

Ummmm.... “unrelenting completion”.... To quote Col Nathan R Jessup “Is there any other kind?”

Welcome to George Armstrong Custer Air. That worked out so well for him.
Quote: Email today has been mentioned twice now. “Retreat... retreat...retreat.... SEA that growing metropolis of wonderment!!! The Emerald City!!” “Must defend The Hill against unrelenting competition.”

Ummmm.... “unrelenting completion”.... To quote Col Nathan R Jessup “Is there any other kind?”

Welcome to George Armstrong Custer Air. That worked out so well for him.
It won’t happen overnight, but I think this is the beginning of the end for Alaska. They can talk about growth in Seattle, but let’s be honest, that airport is maxed out now. Alaska can use their hard stands all they want they are as big as they are going to get. The product is not competitive outside of the Pacific Northwest. There’s really nowhere left to go, it’ll end with either an acquisition or a slow prolonged withering on the vine.
Don’t worry we have a plan to hold only Seattle! Switching from most west coast to most PNW! Sorry but accept less we can’t afford you coming up next!

-ARC DENIED
Quote: It won’t happen overnight, but I think this is the beginning of the end for Alaska. They can talk about growth in Seattle, but let’s be honest, that airport is maxed out now. Alaska can use their hard stands all they want they are as big as they are going to get. The product is not competitive outside of the Pacific Northwest. There’s really nowhere left to go, it’ll end with either an acquisition or a slow prolonged withering on the vine.
Everything I read on this website makes me very nervous to apply again... Should I bother? I don't want to go through new hire just to start applying at other carriers again in a matter of months...
Quote: Everything I read on this website makes me very nervous to apply again... Should I bother? I don't want to go through new hire just to start applying at other carriers again in a matter of months...
If you think what you read here is 100% true you probably shouldn't apply anywhere.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 24
Go to