Interviews vs Deployment

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: I’d love for this scenario to work out, but I’ve heard through the grapevine that most major airlines won’t interview you until you're within a few months of your availability date; 2-3 mos prior seems like the average lead time, which puts me smack dab on USS Boat unless I can save a ton of terminal leave...
Some airlines will not interview you until 90 days or less from availability. I heard this at a job fair. The face to face "starts the clock" or something and they have 90 days after that to put you in class.

May be BS info, or limited to some companies only...
Quote: Can a guy with his quals enter the cadet program ?
I believe so, yes. It's an allowance for .mil types since they know a lot have to do an overseas pump before they can get out.
Quote: Some airlines will not interview you until 90 days or less from availability. I heard this at a job fair. The face to face "starts the clock" or something and they have 90 days after that to put you in class.

May be BS info, or limited to some companies only...
It was a few years ago, and hadn’t heard of any as of late.

But United was sending emails to mil guys with “distant” separation dates basically saying (paraphrasing) “we’re interested and understand your timing, please contact us as you approach your separation date”
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to