Job Fair

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: Thank you for the reply.

Do you happen to know if they'll be meeting with pilots face to face? I remember 2 years ago they were only giving seminars, but not taking resumes.

Mach
Not 100% sure but I would bet that they would be taking resumes. Lots of hiring this year and no sign of slowing down for the next few years. Good Luck!
Quote: Not 100% sure but I would bet that they would be taking resumes. Lots of hiring this year and no sign of slowing down for the next few years. Good Luck!
Thank you kindly for the quick replies to my questions!
Quote: Thank you for the reply.

Do you happen to know if they'll be meeting with pilots face to face? I remember 2 years ago they were only giving seminars, but not taking resumes.

Mach
I think the current trend is to meet face to face but not collect resumes. I don't think many of any are collecting resumes the way they used to. I heard there was an EEO complaint that pretty much ended the practice (100% rumor) but who knows. Still advantageous to meet with them, make a positive impression, learn about the company, have them look at your resume and tell them about your application status and get recommendations. JMO.

Best wishes.
Quote: I think the current trend is to meet face to face but not collect resumes. I don't think many of any are collecting resumes the way they used to. I heard there was an EEO complaint that pretty much ended the practice (100% rumor) but who knows. Still advantageous to meet with them, make a positive impression, learn about the company, have them look at your resume and tell them about your application status and get recommendations. JMO.

Best wishes.
Thank you for the information! I suppose that is what I meant. I attended NGPA 2 years ago and got some face time, which is what I'm hoping for again. I've heard that meeting with the recruiters really helps a candidates chances.
Quote: I think the current trend is to meet face to face but not collect resumes. I don't think many of any are collecting resumes the way they used to. I heard there was an EEO complaint that pretty much ended the practice (100% rumor) but who knows. Still advantageous to meet with them, make a positive impression, learn about the company, have them look at your resume and tell them about your application status and get recommendations. JMO.

Best wishes.
I agree that job fairs are advantageous to most.

Don't know anything about the possible eeo complaint you mentioned but in previous life we had to white out any references of a person’s age (date of birth) or medical limitations, for example “FAA 1st class - Glasses”. Recruiters do NOT want to see that on resumes. Simply state “FAA First Class” medical. Sometimes when people get turned down they look for ways to sue airlines that turned them down and HR doesn’t like to take any chances..
Quote: I agree that job fairs are advantageous to most.

Don't know anything about the possible eeo complaint you mentioned but in previous life we had to white out any references of a person’s age (date of birth) or medical limitations, for example “FAA 1st class - Glasses”. Recruiters do NOT want to see that on resumes. Simply state “FAA First Class” medical. Sometimes when people get turned down they look for ways to sue airlines that turned them down and HR doesn’t like to take any chances..
Interesting, I'll have to review my resume for any such references. Thank you.
WAI next week. Anyone know what the next job fair UPS recruiters will be attending in the spring/summer?
Quote: WAI next week. Anyone know what the next job fair UPS recruiters will be attending in the spring/summer?
OBAP spring career fair.
LGA. April 6.
Quote: OBAP spring career fair.
LGA. April 6.
Thanks PotatoChip! If any other hopefuls are planning on attending. Please reach out via PM.
Quote: Thanks PotatoChip! If any other hopefuls are planning on attending. Please reach out via PM.
You really dont think this is going to happen, do you?
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to