Houston Flight Schools For PPL

Subscribe
Hey all, I have a friend who’s interested in getting a PPL in the Houston area. I’m not from nor do I live in Houston. I have no idea which schools have good reputations. Any thoughts? Thanks.
What part of Houston does your friend live? Proximity to whatever flight school they chose is a big consideration, because the drive times/ traffic is terrible in Houston. I fly at Anson Aviation in Sugar Land. (SW of Houston).
Quote: What part of Houston does your friend live? Proximity to whatever flight school they chose is a big consideration, because the drive times/ traffic is terrible in Houston. I fly at Anson Aviation in Sugar Land. (SW of Houston).
He lives in Cypress, NW side. I would say being a former CFI, I’d rather have him drive all the way across town to a place where he’s going to get a good experience and learn to be a good pilot! So anything reputable near Cypress? Thanks!
Quote: He lives in Cypress, NW side. I would say being a former CFI, I’d rather have him drive all the way across town to a place where he’s going to get a good experience and learn to be a good pilot! So anything reputable near Cypress? Thanks!
Well, there are definitely good instructors at my school. (Anson Aviation). My school also owns their maintenance shop. So the maintenance on the aircraft is very good. Very little downtime.

I believe there is a school at Hooks airport, which would be close to Cypress. I think it is called United Flight.
Quote: Well, there are definitely good instructors at my school. (Anson Aviation). My school also owns their maintenance shop. So the maintenance on the aircraft is very good. Very little downtime.

I believe there is a school at Hooks airport, which would be close to Cypress. I think it is called United Flight.
I really appreciate the feedback thanks!