Commuting for PSA

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
How would the commute from PHX-CLT, or PHX-DAY be at PSA?
Quote: How would the commute from PHX-CLT, or PHX-DAY be at PSA?
Go ahead and cross Dayton off your list. Once March roles around Dayton is likely to be the most senior base at the company because of the closure of cvg.
PHX-CLT will just as tough as DFW-MIA with mainline commuters.
Quote: Go ahead and cross Dayton off your list. Once March roles around Dayton is likely to be the most senior base at the company because of the closure of cvg.
While I sure as heck wouldn't recommend a commute from PHX, for FOs, DAY is still fairly easy to hold it seems. Junior guys still getting it on recent awards.
Quote: While I sure as heck wouldn't recommend a commute from PHX, for FOs, DAY is still fairly easy to hold it seems. Junior guys still getting it on recent awards.
​​​​​​

The most recent bid (effective April or May 2020) awarded DAY to 6 FO's, the most junior of which was a Feb '19 hire. That's unlikely to change soon.

And PHX-DAY would be a long two-leg commute. I'd generally say that's an awful idea. PHX-CLT would be tough. Hub to Hub have some of the craziest loads I've ever seen. Like a day with a dozen flights, -18 open seats and 100 non-revs listed

You do have the option of weird, possibly two-airline routes, though. PHX-MSY-CLT, PHX-ATL-CLT, PHX-SDF-CLT, etc.
I've worked with 2 flight attendants who commute PHX-DCA. A lot of times, they are on the jumpseat for the redeye flight. I personally can't imagine doing that once, nonetheless multiple times a month.
New hire commuting from FLL...
Anybody living in south Florida that can give me an idea about the commute to different PSA bases please? Thanks!
Dca phl and clt all have significant service from south florida. Dca would be my choice because it’s 1) big 2) junior 3) served nonstop by multiple airlines from south FL
Quote: Dca phl and clt all have significant service from south florida. Dca would be my choice because it’s 1) big 2) junior 3) served nonstop by multiple airlines from south FL
You also have Dulles as a backup option as well.
Quote: Anybody living in south Florida that can give me an idea about the commute to different PSA bases please? Thanks!
just go to envoy in MIA and avoid commuting.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to