Georgia Jet Furlough?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Sorry to hear about the furloughs at GJ. Lots of hiring, you folks keep your heads up, you won’t be out long.
Saw a Ga Jet ad for CJ crews within the past week. It sounds like they are dumping the Beechjet crews without offering CJ training to them.
If that’s true, that’s crap!
Quote: Saw a Ga Jet ad for CJ crews within the past week. It sounds like they are dumping the Beechjet crews without offering CJ training to them.
If that’s true, that’s crap!
Sorry to hear about this, y’all..
Hey Ga Jet folks,

I’m really sorry to hear about this, as I have endured 5 furloughs over my career. They say that when your neighbor gets laid off, it is a recession, but if you get laid off, it is a depression. This is true, unfortunately, and I know how tough it is..

On the positive side, however, is that you are getting furloughed into one of the best pilot job markets in history. If you are young, the Regionals are the way to go for most that seek a long, term, lucrative Part 121 careeer. Otherwise, you have most of the Fractionals and Part 135’s hiring.

I know that NetJets, Flexjet, and XOJET/Vista are currently hiring. On the 135 side, I know that GAMA/Wheels Up is hiring along with Delta Private Jets, and I believe TMC. Mountain Aviation is hiring, along with us here at flyExclusive.

The profile section on this website, along with the Orange Site are great sources of information in your job search.

Good luck to you all!
That is sound advice 727.
They canned almost the entire medevac side of the company, Critical Care Medflight, several
months ago when they merged it with Medway. A few were offered the chance to move to Medway and only for a very significant pay cut. GJ has been an impending dumpster fire just waiting on someone to toss the match for years.
Quote: They canned almost the entire medevac side of the company, Critical Care Medflight, several
months ago when they merged it with Medway. A few were offered the chance to move to Medway and only for a very significant pay cut. GJ has been an impending dumpster fire just waiting on someone to toss the match for years.
Sorry to hear that...

Hopefully everyone will land well very quickly. There are a lot of jobs out there in every category of flying.

In this pilot hiring market, I honestly feel that the furloughed pilots will fare better than a company that furloughs them. After all, the pilots WILL go on to find other jobs, but the company will have a VERY hard time rehiring pilots or hiring new ones since they just furloughed so many: I would ask myself who wants to take a job with a company that is doing bad in this market and would I be next to be furloughed?

I wish the best of luck to Georgia Jet and their furloughed pilots.
What's going on with Georgia Jet? They've been around forever and I thought the charter market was going strong.
I cut my Jet teeth at Ga Jet. Talking to those there, there are only 6 CPTs and 6FOs.
Latest on Georgia Jet
Anyone have an update on status with remaining GJ crews?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to