You have got to kidding!

Subscribe
Any Go-Jet crews willing to answer a simple question, somewhere in your ops manual does it state that you are allowed to taxi off the de-ice pad while you are still in the process of being de-iced with the de-ice truck still in the elevated position spraying de-ice fluid! If not, maybe someone should ask the crew of flight 4574 FSD-ORD, 1-24-2020 what were they thinking? I hope the feds look into this. those de-ice crews could have been really hurt!
Likely a miscommunication. I tend to give the professionalism and competence of an aircrew the benefit of the doubt.
Also, were you on the radio frequency to hear the communication between the deicing team and the pilots? Stop trying to crucify crews on here, it doesn't benefit anyone.
If the OPs comments are true, then I would suggest the crew submit an ASAP. If any other Gojetters know the crew they may want to suggest it. Deice is a reasonably high threat environment. Plenty of opportunities for errors. The more data that gets submitted the better we can improve system.
Quote: Any Go-Jet crews willing to answer a simple question, somewhere in your ops manual does it state that you are allowed to taxi off the de-ice pad while you are still in the process of being de-iced with the de-ice truck still in the elevated position spraying de-ice fluid! If not, maybe someone should ask the crew of flight 4574 FSD-ORD, 1-24-2020 what were they thinking? I hope the feds look into this. those de-ice crews could have been really hurt!
It does. It says "run those ****ers over." FOM 7-13.

It's basically cut and paste from the FAA 121 workbook... all airlines follow the same guidance.

​​​​
"Go-Home" leg.
Quote: Any Go-Jet crews willing to answer a simple question, somewhere in your ops manual does it state that you are allowed to taxi off the de-ice pad while you are still in the process of being de-iced with the de-ice truck still in the elevated position spraying de-ice fluid! If not, maybe someone should ask the crew of flight 4574 FSD-ORD, 1-24-2020 what were they thinking? I hope the feds look into this. those de-ice crews could have been really hurt!
​​​​​​Grow up. Nice first post about an airline
Quote: It does. It says "run those ****ers over." FOM 7-13.

It's basically cut and paste from the FAA 121 workbook... all airlines follow the same guidance.

​​​​

Expect a post flaming you for posting quotes from internal company documents.

From those of us who got it, thanks for the laugh, though.
Years ago delta ran over a couple of de-ice trucks that were still in position and spraying. Turns out the de icing coordinator working the pad used the wrong tail number over the radio and the wrong crew got the message they were done. Let’s not be so quick to crucify the crew and there are other and probably better channels to run this up before APC.
You didn't know about drive through de-icing?! I think you better give a call to your OE captain