US fines Delta $50000

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
US fines Delta $50000 for booting off 3 Muslim passengers

Very sad at this day and age, I hope all these old guys retire soon!
Quote: US fines Delta $50000 for booting off 3 Muslim passengers

Found the story. Guess we are going to get more training.
From an article about this from CNN...

“In its response, Delta wrote in the order that another customer, who identified herself as a retired Federal Aviation Administration safety inspector, reported what she considered to be suspicious conduct on the couple's part and provided a signed statement with her contact information.”

Maybe these decisions are a bit more complicated than you think...Oh, I forgot, it’s because the guys were “senior.” #sarcastic

Denny
There are a lot of reasons someone might get twitchy or overly aware of someone of middle eastern descent.

maybe they were an airline pilot on 9/11

maybe they were active duty on 9/11 and spent their entire adult lives fighting in that part of the world.

maybe they lost friends or loved ones on 9/11 or in the fighting since

matbe they’ve seen first hand the Lying, deceit, saving face BS in that part if the world

Seniority has nothing to do with it. Life experiences do.

doesn’t make it right, or acceptable in our business, it just is. And I’ve yet to work with someone who can’t separate work from a personal prejudices and set those aside. At the same time, you have passengers, and FAs getting nervous and complaining? Pretty easy to say fly them from the 4th floor on the other side of the world.

you get what I’m saying, or you don’t and never will.

I can't help but notice that "old guys" can easily be construed as both anti-male (aka, sexist) and discriminatory towards older people.

This both of which are illegal under federal law and strictly against Delta policy.

I'm not even kidding here. That's just an awful #2 post for you. Try harder.
Pretty sure there is FOM verbiage that would address a situation just like this.

Nice of you to come out of the woodwork and post this on your second APC post. How about some actual specifics and sources to go along with your expert commentary and prescriptions?

As opposed to those younger types who are so self absorbed in their facebrag accounts that they have no idea what’s transpiring around them. Or could even tell you where Yemen is on a map of the Arabian Peninsula. Yeah... I’ll take those old guys over the modern youth any day Turbo.
Quote: As opposed to those younger types who are so self absorbed in their facebrag accounts that they have no idea what’s transpiring around them. Or could even tell you where Yemen is on a map of the Arabian Peninsula. Yeah... I’ll take those old guys over the modern youth any day Turbo.
You mean the same guys who are warmongering fine-upstanding and I'm sure very "well-educated" men? I've heard more times about turning the entire middle east into a glass parking lot than i have fingers.
Quote: bafoons?
If you’re going to call people names try to spell it right, buffoon.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to