Leave FedEx for American?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Thoughts? Commute to FedEx or go to AA and move to AA base? Been at FedEx a little over a year.
That’s funny I was considering the reverse. Maybe we could just work out a trade?
Gattaca 2 electric boogaloo. But which one of you is the cripple and which one is the astronaut..... hmmmmm
What are your issues with AA if you don't mind me asking? I love FedEx but wonder if not commuting to AA would be better.
Do you fly a Caravan at FDX?
Ha. Not a caravan.....on the Bus
Quote: Thoughts? Commute to FedEx or go to AA and move to AA base? Been at FedEx a little over a year.
Wow! Should stir the pot with this question. As you know, there are too many variables you left out (current commute vs QOL at whatever AA domicile you seem to find acceptable, currently 75 or wide body, current age, etc) Generically speaking, living in domicile yields a better lifestyle. However, if you are already 40, you won’t have enough time for your DC value to catch up to FEDEX combination DB/DC plan. I’m assuming you see Memphis, Indy, and LA as unacceptable places to live. If you are 25, the rapid seniority progression at AA probably sounds attractive. I would check percentage seniority progression against your current company, not raw numbers. Finally, your best guess as to which pilot group you think will do best in contract negotiations.

A great position to be in. Personally, I only know of people going the other direction, but different strokes for different folks. I’ll enjoy the argument from the sidelines over at Brown.
Quote: What are your issues with AA if you don't mind me asking? I love FedEx but wonder if not commuting to AA would be better.
I think our current despair at AA has been well documented on these pages lately. Poor company culture and financials are at the top of the list.
Tnkrdrvr,

I currently commute to MEM from ATL. I am on the Bus (A300). 43 yrs old. Would make the move to DFW or CLT if going AA.
Surprise,
Do you commute or live in base?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to