Likelihood of being based at MSP upon hire?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Oops...I totally goofed...I meant 1,500 hours before joining regionals (not legacy, as I had stated). I should add that I have a flexible job where I work remotely and am done by 2 or 3 in the afternoon each business day. I also have five weeks of vacation time. So I do have three extra hours each day versus somebody who works a traditional 9-5. But I get it...hard to do if working full time. So if four years to get to 1,500 hours is pretty aggressive, let's say six years is more realistic. Hopefully six years from now isn't too late to be joining the game?
Not too late. Lots of hiring over the entire decade. But my suggestion is if you commit, go at it 100% full steam. Delaying a few years would have a big impact over the course your future.
Quote: Oops...I totally goofed...I meant 1,500 hours before joining regionals (not legacy, as I had stated). I should add that I have a flexible job where I work remotely and am done by 2 or 3 in the afternoon each business day. I also have five weeks of vacation time. So I do have three extra hours each day versus somebody who works a traditional 9-5. But I get it...hard to do if working full time. So if four years to get to 1,500 hours is pretty aggressive, let's say six years is more realistic. Hopefully six years from now isn't too late to be joining the game?

Your current job sounds pretty not bad, sure you want to give it up?

Do you have any certificates now? Get your PPL. That'll get your foot in the aviation door and give you a taste. Give you the ability to make a more informed personal decision about possible paths forward.

Your job does sound like a pretty good setup for an aggressive flight training timeline, that will help with affordability.
What is with everyone wanting MSP? It’s the most senior base, don’t people realize it’s cold and MN taxes are expensive?
Quote: What is with everyone wanting MSP? It’s the most senior base, don’t people realize it’s cold and MN taxes are expensive?
...but those two months of summer...
Quote: ...but those two months of summer...
...have no chance of time off. Definitely not a vacation.
Quote: ...but those two months of summer...
Quote: ...have no chance of time off. Definitely not a vacation.
I think you missed his point.

We put up with the 9 months of winter for those two months of summer. (The other 4 weeks are divided equally between spring and fall.)
When I lived in Alaska, there was a well-known joke there were only two seasons... “Winter” and “construction”.
Quote: When I lived in Alaska, there was a well-known joke there were only two seasons... “Winter” and “construction”.
Hey, we have 4 seasons, you just left out "almost winter" and "still winter"
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to