Banner Towing

Subscribe
Hey guys,
looking for banner tow operations that are hiring this summer. I'm currently sitting at around 210 TT with 10 hours of that being tailwheel (hoping to have 15 - 20 before the end of March). I live In the Daytona Beach area but am willing to go anywhere. Companies like paramount air service in NJ, and Ariel Advertising in Hollywood FL seem pretty good but there is not much information on them. A company that houses there pilots would be preferred. Any Ideas?
I've had good luck reaching out on Facebook if they have a page.

Also, most are looking for 20 hours TW.
Quote: Hey guys,
looking for banner tow operations that are hiring this summer. I'm currently sitting at around 210 TT with 10 hours of that being tailwheel (hoping to have 15 - 20 before the end of March). I live In the Daytona Beach area but am willing to go anywhere. Companies like paramount air service in NJ, and Ariel Advertising in Hollywood FL seem pretty good but there is not much information on them. A company that houses there pilots would be preferred. Any Ideas?

People are going to come on here and say don't banner tow. Yes, if you are not on your game it can be dangerous. That being said, there is a lot to be said for it. You can get a lot of cross country time doing it, and it is more fun than instructing. I will say I have never done it, but have friends who run an operation.I spend a decent amount of time hanging around there, as it is really a fun place. I have seen kids that tow end up at all the majors-Spirit, Delta, AA, SWA and other operators.The newer kids are at Piedmont and Republic. Several are flying in Guard. One is a Marine F-35 driver.
Definitely consider Paramount. That is where these kids flew. They do have a bunch of trailers that are rent free that the pilots stay in.
Good luck! Call them soon.
Quote: People are going to come on here and say don't banner tow. Yes, if you are not on your game it can be dangerous. That being said, there is a lot to be said for it. You can get a lot of cross country time doing it, and it is more fun than instructing. I will say I have never done it, but have friends who run an operation.I spend a decent amount of time hanging around there, as it is really a fun place. I have seen kids that tow end up at all the majors-Spirit, Delta, AA, SWA and other operators.The newer kids are at Piedmont and Republic. Several are flying in Guard. One is a Marine F-35 driver.
Definitely consider Paramount. That is where these kids flew. They do have a bunch of trailers that are rent free that the pilots stay in.
Good luck! Call them soon.
summer of 1996 alumni here. Is Patrick the Marine you are referring to? I always wondered how he is doing.
Quote: summer of 1996 alumni here. Is Patrick the Marine you are referring to? I always wondered how he is doing.
No, this one was summer 2014. Who are you flying for now?
Quote: No, this one was summer 2014. Who are you flying for now?
im at United. Andre and Lois were still alive back when I flew there. I stopped in one summer maybe in 2002 and I think Eric was running the operation. I had a blast that summer. Plenty of characters have passed through that place.
Quote: im at United. Andre and Lois were still alive back when I flew there. I stopped in one summer maybe in 2002 and I think Eric was running the operation. I had a blast that summer. Plenty of characters have passed through that place.
Definitely. You will have to make the Labor Day picnic there this year.
I believe the family wants to sell the place, maybe you want to come back and run the operation?
Lots of videos on YouTube about Paramount.
Quote: Definitely. You will have to make the Labor Day picnic there this year.
I believe the family wants to sell the place, maybe you want to come back and run the operation?
Lots of videos on YouTube about Paramount.
Only if I could get my beach house back on 21st Street in Avalon!