New Hire Questions

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hello all,

Just wondering, do you bid for aircraft and base assignments during Indoc?
At what point do you know what aircraft and base you’re getting?

TIA!

Edit: Hoping for IAH 145
If you want 145 IAH you will get it. Think they stopped putting new hires into 175 at this moment. But you bid for your base first week Indoc and find out roughly 2 months into training
No more 175

all 145 eet
Quote: Hello all,

Just wondering, do you bid for aircraft and base assignments during Indoc?
At what point do you know what aircraft and base you’re getting?

TIA!

Edit: Hoping for IAH 145
Go to Mesa. You’ll get the E-175, IAH base and a quick upgrade. Hundreds are being displaced from the 175 and upcoming additional base closures.
Quote: Go to Mesa. You’ll get the E-175, IAH base and a quick upgrade. Hundreds are being displaced from the 175 and upcoming additional base closures.
So you're saying that they let you choose the 175 and your base? And that upgrade time in the 175 is short? Isn't IAH base dwindling for Mesa or am I falsely quoting something I have read in a different thread? I am also looking to be based in IAH as I will be commuting from Austin, TX. I have a CJO from xjt but I am still up in the air. Feedback is appreciated.
Quote: I am also looking to be based in IAH as I will be commuting from Austin, TX. I have a CJO from xjt but I am still up in the air. Feedback is appreciated.
What are your goals? If you want short reserve and a lot of flying out of IAH and great AQP training, you'll have a tough time beating XJT. And there's a good chance our contract/pay will get better soon.

If you need to fly the shiny new jet out of a DFW or IAH base, then Mesa at IAH will let you choose your airplane (for now, they only fly the 175 out of IAH, but will be adding IAD)...… Envoy - you won't get the 175 unless you're a cadet in their program. SkyWest flies CRJs out of DFW and IAH. Republic only flies 175s......IAH is a small, senior base. Might take a while to get it.

PM Flyboy68 about Mesa - he spent 8 months on reserve in IAH in the past several months. LonghornManiac commutes from AUS to IAH for Republic and he wrote a great post that is pinned to the top of the Republic forum.
Quote: What are your goals? If you want short reserve and a lot of flying out of IAH and great AQP training, you'll have a tough time beating XJT. And there's a good chance our contract/pay will get better soon.

If you need to fly the shiny new jet out of a DFW or IAH base, then Mesa at IAH will let you choose your airplane (for now, they only fly the 175 out of IAH, but will be adding IAD)...… Envoy - you won't get the 175 unless you're a cadet in their program. SkyWest flies CRJs out of DFW and IAH. Republic only flies 175s......IAH is a small, senior base. Might take a while to get it.

PM Flyboy68 about Mesa - he spent 8 months on reserve in IAH in the past several months. LonghornManiac commutes from AUS to IAH for Republic and he wrote a great post that is pinned to the top of the Republic forum.
You pretty much covered my questions thanks, I was looking To be at IAH with little reserve time and I do not really care about what airframe. I'll be sure to ask them some questions, thanks again.
Any recommendations/reviews for crashpads in Houston that offer transportation to/from shuttle ?
I’m supposed to be starting ATP-CTP in about a month. I don’t want to leave my current job and be told my class is canceled... Any word on how coronavirus will impact hiring?
Quote: I’m supposed to be starting ATP-CTP in about a month. I don’t want to leave my current job and be told my class is canceled... Any word on how coronavirus will impact hiring?
Well, all the majors basically just turned the taps off. Eventually will trickle down to regionals. Who knows for how long.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to