Notices
Trans States Airlines Regional Airline

Air Wisconsin:Bonus for 121 experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 04:38 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Air Wisconsin:Bonus for 121 experience

For those who have been affected by the News at Trans state, I just got this email from Air Wisconsin. I’m no where near being able to apply. But thought I would share for those who didn’t know this already.

Best of luck to you guys and gals.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Captain for Skyhawks

Originally Posted by Gammon89 View Post
For those who have been affected by the News at Trans state, I just got this email from Air Wisconsin. I’m no where near being able to apply. But thought I would share for those who didn’t know this already.

Best of luck to you guys and gals.

While very nice you only make $37 an hour as an FO. 33k base.
You don’t get it all at once.
If you upgrade do you get to keep it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2020, 08:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

"Pilots with recent 121 experience will receive a minimum of $49,000 and up to $54,000 in bonuses by the completion of IOE, and an additional $30,000 upon completion of year 1"

From APC
Old 02-29-2020, 08:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by WiscoAviator View Post
"Pilots with recent 121 experience will receive a minimum of $49,000 and up to $54,000 in bonuses by the completion of IOE, and an additional $30,000 upon completion of year 1"

From APC
However if you leave in the first 2 years, you have to pay it back. In this hiring environment I wouldn’t count on being there that long.

Go somewhere else.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by CPPfacts View Post
However if you leave in the first 2 years, you have to pay it back. In this hiring environment I wouldn’t count on being there that long.

Go somewhere else.
Absolutely. I'm at ZW and I'm happy enough here but if I was in a TSA pilot's shoes, the UAX exclusive carriers would be on the bottom of my list.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

I’ll respectfully disagree.

I’m happily employed at ZW btw.

With a mild or deeper downturn in the making UAX carriers and ZW in particular looks better (historically ZW has done very well during downturns as an independent privately held company) than if things were full steam ahead in 2020.

Carriers short on help right now have more slack to backfill prior to TOWOP or the F-word. Better protection on the bottom of the list.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by flightlessbirds View Post
I’ll respectfully disagree.

I’m happily employed at ZW btw.

With a mild or deeper downturn in the making UAX carriers and ZW in particular looks better (historically ZW has done very well during downturns as an independent privately held company) than if things were full steam ahead in 2020.

Carriers short on help right now have more slack to backfill prior to TOWOP or the F-word. Better protection on the bottom of the list.
HAHAHA wtf are you talking about? How did ZW do when UAL bought them for their ORD Gates? Ever hear of UNited Feeder Service? How did ZW do well when we parked 2 of the 3 fleets and cut the remaining fleet orders in HALF when UAL went bankrupted in 2004-2005 ish. Historically ZW has NOT done very well during downturns.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by Beechnut View Post
HAHAHA wtf are you talking about? How did ZW do when UAL bought them for their ORD Gates? Ever hear of UNited Feeder Service? How did ZW do well when we parked 2 of the 3 fleets and cut the remaining fleet orders in HALF when UAL went bankrupted in 2004-2005 ish. Historically ZW has NOT done very well during downturns.
Absolutely correct Beech.
Air Wisc Inc was shutdown and liquidated (UAL keeping the ORD slots)

BAe ATPs to United Feeder Service
DHC-8s to Atlantic Coast
F-27s got parked
BAe-146s to newly created Air Wisconsin Airline Corp
About 1/3 of the pilots got to go with the new airline AWAC....a few went to UFS, and a fair number to Atlantic Coast. Quite a few were just screwed.

Many people think (and the current airline advertises as such) that the current Air Wisc dates back to the start up days in Appleton. Not true. It is the phoenix of that airlines ashes.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Captain for Skyhawks

Originally Posted by WiscoAviator View Post
Absolutely. I'm at ZW and I'm happy enough here but if I was in a TSA pilot's shoes, the UAX exclusive carriers would be on the bottom of my list.

Lol after trying to force their jump seat rules on everyone else’s jump seat, then pretty much shutting down TSA plus all the back end employees ( MX, scheduling, etc,) are out of a job. Plus on United if it’s a deadhead on go home day they will over sell the flight and put you on the next flight or junior man you into a hotel. The aviate shenanigans and only allowing some airlines.
Ewr sucks but the pay is nice.

Now with the crono virus, they stopped classes and are putting pilots on leave due to cancelled flights and the 737 mess.

Yeah I agree UAX and any of their regionals are at the bottom of my list.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by TangoIndiaMike1 View Post
Lol after trying to force their jump seat rules on everyone else’s jump seat, then pretty much shutting down TSA plus all the back end employees ( MX, scheduling, etc,) are out of a job. Plus on United if it’s a deadhead on go home day they will over sell the flight and put you on the next flight or junior man you into a hotel. The aviate shenanigans and only allowing some airlines.
Ewr sucks but the pay is nice.

Now with the crono virus, they stopped classes and are putting pilots on leave due to cancelled flights and the 737 mess.

Yeah I agree UAX and any of their regionals are at the bottom of my list.
This guy gets it .
Interesting times ahead that’s for dam certain.