Pireps on request

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey ExpressJet pilots, I’m interested in hearing about your experience. Company culture is most important to me, I.e. safety mindset and overall treatment, and of course I’d like to hear honest assessments of general quality of life considerations. I’d appreciate both pros and cons.

For your reference, I’m a current TSA line pilot, faced with the future shutdown, a 145 FO thinking about following the metal. I haven’t talked to recruiters yet. I know they’ll sell themselves hard, plus I don’t want to get the ball rolling anywhere just yet, but I do want the good, bad, and ugly, please and thanks.
Where do you currently live? Where do you want to live?
Central Florida, I usually commute out of MCO. But I’m from Texas and want to go back. So I’m looking at IAH or DFW (obviously with other regional operators) for domiciles. IAH is roughly the same commute I do now. I don’t really want to do ORD but that’s negotiable. The other ExpressJet domiciles would be 2-leg commutes which I will avoid at all costs.
Quote: Central Florida, I usually commute out of MCO. But I’m from Texas and want to go back. So I’m looking at IAH or DFW (obviously with other regional operators) for domiciles. IAH is roughly the same commute I do now. I don’t really want to do ORD but that’s negotiable. The other ExpressJet domiciles would be 2-leg commutes which I will avoid at all costs.
well, 145 and IAH is probably the best place to go at this company at the moment by far I’d say. Everything else is kind of up in the air tbh.
Quote: well, 145 and IAH is probably the best place to go at this company at the moment by far I’d say. Everything else is kind of up in the air tbh.
up in the air?
Quote: up in the air?
This place sure has its ups and downs.
Quote: up in the air?
EWR shrinking, possibly ORD too
CLE is open still but who knows how much longer
no idea how big the DEN base will be and when it will even open
Quote: well, 145 and IAH is probably the best place to go at this company at the moment by far I’d say. Everything else is kind of up in the air tbh.
Quote: This place sure has its ups and downs.
hehe, I see what y’all did there.

Quote: EWR shrinking, possibly ORD too
CLE is open still but who knows how much longer
no idea how big the DEN base will be and when it will even open
If you’re getting waterski routes along with the wings, then ORD might see a decent boost instead of shrinkage. DEN is the best base for us imho. Love the flying out there. For TSA, DEN and ORD are really the big ops, with the most lines in DEN. STL has a fair amount of lines too, but that base is where all the very high seniority pilots go to glide for years.
Pireps on request
Quote: hehe, I see what y’all did there.

If you’re getting waterski routes along with the wings, then ORD might see a decent boost instead of shrinkage. DEN is the best base for us imho. Love the flying out there. For TSA, DEN and ORD are really the big ops, with the most lines in DEN. STL has a fair amount of lines too, but that base is where all the very high seniority pilots go to glide for years.

I think you have it figured out. There was talk of ORD shrinking before we found out the latest news. Overall it isn’t a bad place in my opinion but there are plenty of others who would disagree. Overall morale isn’t great right now with us losing the 175.
Why not look at spirit/frontier/JetBlue
how much TT do you have ?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to