New hire classes

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Any clue if the new hire classes will happen ? I’ve got a class date for 3/29 and wondering if they’re still gonna keep it ! HR says they’re keeping it but in light of all the restrictions being placed on daily bases by the government for public gatherings im little skeptical about it . The thing is I have to let my current employer know whether I’m leaving or not for the airline training , just don’t wanna be in a situation that I leave the job here and they cancel the training .
Quote: Any clue if the new hire classes will happen ? I’ve got a class date for 3/29 and wondering if they’re still gonna keep it ! HR says they’re keeping it but in light of all the restrictions being placed on daily bases by the government for public gatherings im little skeptical about it . The thing is I have to let my current employer know whether I’m leaving or not for the airline training , just don’t wanna be in a situation that I leave the job here and they cancel the training .
if HR says they are keeping the class that’s all you can go with until/unless you hear something different from the company. Nobody on this forum knows what is going to happen next.
For what it's worth, I just started CTP yesterday but had the same thought as you. CAE in Phoenix says that, as of right now, they are not planning to shut down their training centers
Quote: For what it's worth, I just started CTP yesterday but had the same thought as you. CAE in Phoenix says that, as of right now, they are not planning to shut down their training centers
I’m also in the 03/29 new hire class. When I did my interview they said ATP/CTP takes two weeks. I heard from other airlines that it usually just takes one week. Do you know why Air Wisconsin sets aside two instead of one week for ATP/CTP?
Quote: I’m also in the 03/29 new hire class. When I did my interview they said ATP/CTP takes two weeks. I heard from other airlines that it usually just takes one week. Do you know why Air Wisconsin sets aside two instead of one week for ATP/CTP?
I did mine in July last year, all comes down to scheduling guys. Ours took a week then we rolled into Appleton and did our written on a Friday and started indoc on Monday.
If I may add, that ATP/CTP is a formality mandated by the FAA and to give you an idea of what you can expect.

focus on the written while you’re in Phoenix or wherever you are (Phoenix was awesome!!!).

Enjoy this part, once you roll into Appleton, you’ll be inundated with information for the next 4-5 months until you pass your ride.
Quote: If I may add, that ATP/CTP is a formality mandated by the FAA and to give you an idea of what you can expect.

focus on the written while you’re in Phoenix or wherever you are (Phoenix was awesome!!!).

Enjoy this part, once you roll into Appleton, you’ll be inundated with information for the next 4-5 months until you pass your ride.
4-5 months ??? Is that how long it takes from starting Indoc to LOE ride ?
Quote: I’m also in the 03/29 new hire class. When I did my interview they said ATP/CTP takes two weeks. I heard from other airlines that it usually just takes one week. Do you know why Air Wisconsin sets aside two instead of one week for ATP/CTP?
The course is actually only seven days long; four days in the classroom and three days in the simulator. I think it just comes down to a timing thing.
Quote: 4-5 months ??? Is that how long it takes from starting Indoc to LOE ride ?
I started end of July 2019 and finished my type ride in December 2019 so ballpark 4-5 months with the “breaks” in there.

Remember, the issue here is sim slots and demand.
If you haven’t started class yet at Air Wisconsin, I wouldn’t quit your current job just yet. Things are changing daily at pretty much every airline.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to