Recession survival thread

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: yup I emailed the union about this all they said was sorry cant help ya, this is well outside our scope. Guess my union money will continue to go towards LVA stickers and free drinks down in Euless as usual.
You misunderstood the point of my post. Our union doesn't have the power to enact the changes needed on their own. The union is willing and able to engage the company on the issues we need addressed, but no one at the company will discuss this with them.

Let's save the union bashing for another day and realize who is really to blame here.
The union sent out a really good email- I personally liked it. It just sucks how this company completely disregards everything, from point A to Z.
Quote: The union sent out a really good email- I personally liked it. It just sucks how this company completely disregards everything, from point A to Z.
Yup, I think senior management could stand to read a book about real leadership. In fact, I have one they can borrow.
Quote: Yup, I think senior management could stand to read a book about real leadership. In fact, I have one they can borrow.
with the shortage of TP, now it would be a great time to wipe my a** with that book.
Quote: You misunderstood the point of my post. Our union doesn't have the power to enact the changes needed on their own. The union is willing and able to engage the company on the issues we need addressed, but no one at the company will discuss this with them.

Let's save the union bashing for another day and realize who is really to blame here.
in all fairness alpa just sent out an email with the steps they’ve followed to engage the company into some type of agreement but looks like Envoy is dismissing any kind of discussion.
It’s a standoff. If the company caves and has to pay us to not work for our safety, they lose. If we as a pilot group collectively decide to not work to protect ourselves and family, they win.

ALPA or our MEC should release a press statement informing the public that the pilots of their routes on the specific aircraft Envoy flies don’t get the same health protections they the big jets get. It’s the truth but once again I fear our MEC is terrified of any repercussions and will just send out nice emails saying how mad they are and actually do nothing.
I mean if you don't come into contact with immunocompromised/elderly folks regularly and you don't have much else that needs tending to in the near future why not just go to work and get tested at the end of each trip (assuming you can find a free or cheap location near home). Once you get sick (and you will), take the two weeks paid leave and play Xbox. Maybe by the end of the two weeks enough damage will have been done that we get some action.

I can't believe Envoy's response here is "go to work until you get sick, peasants".
Quote: I mean if you don't come into contact with immunocompromised/elderly folks regularly and you don't have much else that needs tending to in the near future why not just go to work and get tested at the end of each trip (assuming you can find a free or cheap location near home). Once you get sick (and you will), take the two weeks paid leave and play Xbox. Maybe by the end of the two weeks enough damage will have been done that we get some action.

I can't believe Envoy's response here is "go to work until you get sick, peasants".
Well what about commuters and those with small kids? Not to mention there are no tests that work fast, so you are looking at a minimum of 24 hours.
Quote: Well what about commuters and those with small kids? Not to mention there are no tests that work fast, so you are looking at a minimum of 24 hours.
yeah I hear they’re expensive and limited in quantity
Quote: Well what about commuters and those with small kids? Not to mention there are no tests that work fast, so you are looking at a minimum of 24 hours.
Sorry I was mostly being facetious. It's just an awful situation and Envoy doesn't even want to act like they have our best interests on their radar.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to