College degree, 1000-PIC

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Over $50/hr with an old world schedule and benefits package. The only requirement is dropping out of high school. That is easy money. Makes me wonder why anyone would choose something that consumes all of their youth. They either have an inflated ego or were sold a lie.
Actually, he’s right. Wal-Mart truck drivers can easily break six-figures with bonuses and safety incentives. Not an easy job to get or entry-level , and you need a great safety record, but it is true.

In fact, a friend of mine works in a the distribution centers as a refrigeration maintenance tech that makes more than a lot of A and P’s I know. The above friend was an A and P, actually.

Quote: Actually they don't. My best buds are career UPS drivers, they earned more than I for a few years as a regional FO in the early 2000's but they topped out at junior/middle RJ CA pay. UPS pays top dollar for drivers (strong union).
Quote: Actually, he’s right. Wal-Mart truck drivers can easily break six-figures with bonuses and safety incentives. Not an easy job to get or entry-level , and you need a great safety record, but it is true.

In fact, a friend of mine works in a the distribution centers as a refrigeration maintenance tech that makes more than a lot of A and P’s I know. The above friend was an A and P, actually.
My buddies at UPS can do that too, but not by just "flying their line". They'd have to work OT on days off, etc.

Plenty of votech/trade jobs can pay well if you hustle. A lot.

By the same token I could have made $300k doing sims at the regional, if I wanted to pull doubles 20 days/month.

I did about $130K flying the line (moderately senior).

My plumber lives down the block from me. All the other neighbors are md's, lawyers business owners, etc. He did our plumbing long before I could afford to live here...
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to