LAX feed

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
With CPZ shutting April 7th, does anybody at Envoy have info as to who will pick up the flying, or whether it will be picked up at all?
Quote: With CPZ shutting April 7th, does anybody at Envoy have info as to who will pick up the flying, or whether it will be picked up at all?
Nothing has been said about Envoy picking any of it up. The lines were already out prior to the announcement and there haven’t been any changes.

Likely capacity is just cut and SKW is covering what they already had. Maybe they have had some shifts. I haven’t checked their forum and don’t know any SKW guys that fly AA stuff out of LAX.
Quote: With CPZ shutting April 7th, does anybody at Envoy have info as to who will pick up the flying, or whether it will be picked up at all?
I doubt anyone knows what’s gonna happen, CPZ is still in the travel planner doing LAX stuff in April and through the year.
Quote: I doubt anyone knows what’s gonna happen, CPZ is still in the travel planner doing LAX stuff in April and through the year.
id guess sky everywhere will....
Quote: id guess sky everywhere will....
AA wants two regionals in every base.not saying we are headed there but someone else eventually will pop up there.
MESA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bump
Any idea what will happen out in LAX? I know Skywest ordered those 20 175s, but is now planning to shrink. With the compass planes coming to ENY is LAX a possibility? If you look at the travel planner for the fall many of those flights are still or are exclusively “operated by compass airlines”.
Lol, with the current environment AA isn't going to spend the money to put anyone out there. If anything they are looking to cut in more areas. NY and MIA will likely close like last bankruptcy.
Quote: Lol, with the current environment AA isn't going to spend the money to put anyone out there. If anything they are looking to cut in more areas. NY and MIA will likely close like last bankruptcy.

While I agree with you that they won’t invest in a new base right now, I doubt they are going to be closing bases in the near future (next few months). It would trigger a cascade of displacements and training events that they could probably live without right now.

A proactive stance might displace and train everyone now since they don’t really need us on the line anyway, but I think management is in penny pinching mode, not proactive mode.
I think Envoy needs to figure out when to have an aircraft displacement bid. 22 140's aren't coming back from the desert and 20 Compass planes along with 11 new-builds are coming in the next year. Seems like the instructors being displaced back to the line won't be there for long, especially the ones who are on the heavy. In order to staff them, they are going to have to make a move in the next couple of months. Deliveries from Embraer start again in the 4th quarter, according to the email last week.

LAX might see fly through if AA opts to keep it as a Trans-Pac gateway, but opening a full base would be pretty expensive. In addition to pilots, you also need flight attendants, as well as mechanics and spare parts.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to