If passed no furloughs until 30 Sept

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: I'll see you all on OCT 1st my friends.... This post will age well.
¿¿meaning??
If passed no furloughs until 30 Sept
Goodbye free market!
Quote: I’m sure there are far more expenses and losses than just payroll. Plus they have to give the government equity and abide by other restrictions. I’m not certain the airlines will accept this, I wouldn’t put it past them to just furlough, and declare bankruptcy when they need to.

I am merely asking the question of what people think they will do. I have no idea.🙁
If you file bankruptcy and you don’t have a revenue stream that allows you to meet your operating expenses the term used is liquidation.
Quote: ¿¿meaning??
Furloughs start October 1st.

Start saving your money now. It's gonna be a LONG furlough for many of us. Worse than 9/11. Some of us are looking at 5-10 year furloughs probably.
Quote: Furloughs start October 1st.

Start saving your money now. It's gonna be a LONG furlough for many of us. Worse than 9/11. Some of us are looking at 5-10 year furloughs probably.
AA would have pretty much no pilots in 10 years. Hard pass on your prediction.
10 years from now we will have gone thru another entire economic cycle.

Do you have a doomsday shelter?
Amr had decade plus furloughs after sept 11. Age 65, fuel and recession didn’t help. But yes hard to see that happening again.
Quote: Amr had decade plus furloughs after sept 11. Age 65, fuel and recession didn’t help. But yes hard to see that happening again.
Not only did age 65 “not help”, it was absolutely KEY to dragging out the furloughs of the 2000s. If there’s one thing we DO know amongst this mess, it is that at least X number of pilots will leave the property every year on a predictable schedule.
Quote: Amr had decade plus furloughs after sept 11. Age 65, fuel and recession didn’t help. But yes hard to see that happening again.
and that entire time (2001-2012) AA only retired like 3000 pilots...that many retire in the next 4 years from AA and next 5 from DL.

in 10 years there will be about 8000 pilots at DL and 6000ish at AA who are currently on their respective senority lists
I can see a ton of 60 plus guys just hanging it up. Especially with some of the deals I’ve seen. I wouldn’t want to go through the last few years of my career in this environment. Personally I’m planning on 60 but it really depends on what it looks like at that time. If it looks like this I’m out.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to