Coronavirus Relief Bill

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: If there was a ‘furlough=no-bonus’ provision our jobs would’ve been safe.
Next contract, hopefully
Quote: Next contract, hopefully
Haha, I was being facetious, it’ll never happen!
Back then, during the very same week they announced furloughs the board awarded multimillion dollar bonuses for the ceo and other ‘upper-crust’ managers.
Quote: Depth and length of the inevitable recession is my biggest concern...the longer this drags on, the longer and more painful the backside will be as the economic damage will be greater, more jobs lost, and more consumer spending slashed meaning fewer goods to move.
I agree. Prediction from the gurus is a 20% drop in freight demand over the next 4 quarters. This is an initial injection for cargo but its temporary followed by a recession. How deep is the big question?
Quote: I agree. Prediction from the gurus is a 20% drop in freight demand over the next 4 quarters. This is an initial injection for cargo but its temporary followed by a recession. How deep is the big question?
Not sure about freight demand but since we don’t fly a whole lot of it, and what we do fly is moved through supply chain solutions network, maybe we’ll be ok?

From a classmate of mine whose buddy is a nurp. (don’t shoot the messenger). Supposedly we saw a 7% drop in the domestic segment but a ‘large’ bump in the international cargo market. This came from last week’s meeting and I’m not sure if these numbers pertain to 1 week or 1 month of operations?
Quote: Not sure about freight demand but since we don’t fly a whole lot of it, and what we do fly is moved through supply chain solutions network, maybe we’ll be ok?

From a classmate of mine whose buddy is a nurp. (don’t shoot the messenger). Supposedly we saw a 7% drop in the domestic segment but a ‘large’ bump in the international cargo market. This came from last week’s meeting and I’m not sure if these numbers pertain to 1 week or 1 month of operations?
we've had 50% increase I international seg specially thru Asia . This came directly from ups Exec briefing Trump.
I’ve heard Europe volume is noticeably up as well...
Quote: I’ve heard Europe volume is noticeably up as well...
Based on the scramble to add MD trips to CGN, HKG, and SZX. I think that volume is definitely spiking internationally. The question is how long does the competition from pax airline belly freight remain grounded and how quickly do factories overseas ramp back up.

The next system bid may provide some insight into what corporate is thinking or it might just be airline level flailing about.
Quote: ...The next system bid may provide some insight into what corporate is thinking or it might just be airline level flailing about.
Hard to tell but personally I doubt we’ll be seeing a system bid anytime soon. There’re just too many unknowns for the company.

...and when we do people’s fleet preferences might’ve changed.
Those ‘gentle’ nasal swabs and the ability to ‘enjoy’ extended stays in China’s public hospitals might make Airbus and Domestic fleets much more appealing to many..

Quote: Hard to tell but personally I doubt we’ll be seeing a system bid anytime soon. There’re just too many unknowns for the company.

...and when we do people’s fleet preferences might’ve changed.
Those ‘gentle’ nasal swabs and the ability to ‘enjoy’ extended stays in China’s public hospitals might make Airbus and Domestic fleets much more appealing to many..

Heck, you may even see 74 vacancies junior assigned 😳
Domestic is now the new epicenter, doubt many international guys will want to bid back here anytime soon. You most likely will see those test being done here at some point.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to