Day room during cancellation?

Subscribe
Had a round cancel which opens up a six hour gap in schedule between 1st and last leg. Anyone having issues getting a day room from CS? Tried working it today. They’re not liking it.
Did you point out 5.I.3?
Quote: Had a round cancel which opens up a six hour gap in schedule between 1st and last leg. Anyone having issues getting a day room from CS? Tried working it today. They’re not liking it.
They don’t have a choice. Here is how my phone call would go: “if I don’t get a hotel in accordance with the CBA, I will in all likelihood be too fatigued to operate the last segment. Do we really want to have to do paperwork for a contract violation as well as a fatigue report for this?” Then the choice is on them...not you.
Quote: Had a round cancel which opens up a six hour gap in schedule between 1st and last leg. Anyone having issues getting a day room from CS? Tried working it today. They’re not liking it.
Did they try to claim there are no rooms available?

Um that's not how contracts work. They may not like it, but they must do it.
I could see if there was a cancellation package being processed, they could say they want to wait until it is complete, because I don’t think modifications are official until the “Complete” email comes out.
No hotel? Easy fatigue call. I don’t play CS’s games anymore.
Quote: Did they try to claim there are no rooms available?

Um that's not how contracts work. They may not like it, but they must do it.
Oh there’s rooms available. Just not at rates they want to pay. I hear the Four Seasons Boston is lovely.
Quote: No hotel? Easy fatigue call. I don’t play CS’s games anymore.
this. This again. And this