Hard time commuting?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Is anyone else having serious issues commuting right now with all of these cancellations? I asked the MEC if they were working on anything with the company to help commuters in any way. I was told that they were talking to the company but no details were given. When I asked about a week later if there was any update I was told that the commuter policy still applies. In other words, my question was not answered. We’re already taking a pay cut and now those of us that “choose” to commute could lose even more money because we can’t get to work.
Quote: Is anyone else having serious issues commuting right now with all of these cancellations? I asked the MEC if they were working on anything with the company to help commuters in any way. I was told that they were talking to the company but no details were given. When I asked about a week later if there was any update I was told that the commuter policy still applies. In other words, my question was not answered. We’re already taking a pay cut and now those of us that “choose” to commute could lose even more money because we can’t get to work.

Commuting is a choice. Did it for 7 years, never again!
Quote: Commuting is a choice. Did it for 7 years, never again!
Not always. Bases do close.
Quote: Not always. Bases do close.
IAD first. Cae and mke to follow .
one small Ord base when it’s all said and done if we’re lucky
Quote: IAD first. Cae and mke to follow .
one small Ord base when it’s all said and done if we’re lucky
looks like the permanent bid got pulled from flica. Get ready for any announcement
Eh, hopefully AWAC stays around. Great company with awesome folks!
Quote: looks like the permanent bid got pulled from flica. Get ready for any announcement
Permanent bid on FLICA means nothing. It happens all the time, you probably just don't notice it.
Quote: Permanent bid on FLICA means nothing. It happens all the time, you probably just don't notice it.
permanent bid disappears when a vacancy closes or I’d imagine when they are getting ready to either announce a new vacancy or realignment/displacement.
Quote: permanent bid disappears when a vacancy closes or I’d imagine when they are getting ready to either announce a new vacancy or realignment/displacement.
Correct.

filler
Quote: permanent bid disappears when a vacancy closes or I’d imagine when they are getting ready to either announce a new vacancy or realignment/displacement.
was scheduled to close 4/20
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to