China testing FCIF

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 15 of 15
Go to
AFAIK we have not had any of our pilots end up in a Chinese hospital. Positive cases were sent to hotel and put into quarantine until FedEx was able to get them out.

Correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise it is just stirring up hysterical crowd.
I didn’t mean to cause hysteria. My answer was meant for Hong Kong as quoted. There may be special arrangements made if it happens, but here’s what the HK govt says happens...

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/i...faq.html#FAQ11

What will happen if the test result is positive?
If a sample tests positive, the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) will notify the person concerned as early as possible and arrange for admission to a public hospital for treatment.
On receiving notification of confirmed cases of COVID-19, the CHP will conduct epidemiological investigation and contact tracing. Quarantine will be arranged for close contacts while medical surveillance will be arranged for other contacts.
Quote: AFAIK we have not had any of our pilots end up in a Chinese hospital. Positive cases were sent to hotel and put into quarantine until FedEx was able to get them out.

Correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise it is just stirring up hysterical crowd.
Might want to check comms from the Union today.
https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...0070700833.htm

The updated criteria for releasing a confirmed COVID-19 patient from isolation are as follows:

For symptomatic patients:

1. Ten days have passed since the onset of illness; AND
2. Their clinical conditions improve and they are afebrile; AND
3. Either one of the following laboratory criteria:
- With two clinical specimens of the same type (i.e. respiratory or stool) tested negative for nucleic acid of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) taken at least 24 hours apart. For patients ever with stool specimen(s) tested positive, they should have two negative stool specimens collected 24 hours apart before release from isolation; or
- Tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibody.

For patients who did not develop any COVID-19 compatible symptoms all along:

1. Five days after the first positive RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2; AND
2. Either one of the following laboratory criteria:
- With two clinical specimens of the same type (i.e. respiratory or stool) tested negative for nucleic acid of SARS-CoV-2 by RT-PCR taken at least 24 hours apart. For patients ever with stool specimen(s) tested positive, they should have two negative stool specimens collected 24 hours apart before release from isolation; or
- Tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibody.
Checking "afebrile" off my APC bingo card.
5  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 15 of 15
Go to