Good read

Subscribe
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/12/amazon-discovers-competing-with-fedex-and-ups-is-m.aspx
Good to hear for my amigos at Ups and Fedex
Quote: https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/12/amazon-discovers-competing-with-fedex-and-ups-is-m.aspx
Not shocking, but if they can leverage other more profitable businesses (cloud computing) I’m guessing they might take another shot at this. If that proves they can’t really beat UPS/FEDEX than I would expect them to liquidate their nascent network and look for greener pastures.
It looks to be temporary until they see where the economy is going. I said this in another thread, what other companies besides AMZ ship using AMZ? Would you give your competition business? Thought about that question and FDX and UPS give the USPS business... AMZ does not do pickups yet right? I’ve ordered and have had 3 different AMZ trucks deliver the same day. Not sure how that could be profitable for the route driver? How full are AMZ aircraft, especially now when airlines are pushing cargo to compensate for passenger loss? Does AMZ haul brokers freight? UPS and FDX drivers deliver but they also pick up taking in revenue. AMZ drivers only deliver revenue already generated. They don’t generate or take in revenue like UPS and FDX.. the only thing I can think of is AMZ doing residential to residential pick up and delivery. That’s not profitable business. The Walmart, Target, Depot, Lowe’s, Wayfair, Chewy and others won’t be using Amazon to deliver their goods.
Friends flying Prime Air airplanes have told me their planes aren't really that full in terms of weight or cube.
Quote: Friends flying Prime Air airplanes have told me their planes aren't really that full in terms of weight or cube.
Wonder if that is because Amazon cargo is slated for designated prime planes and as such their overall capacity isn’t supplanted by stranded belly freight.
Quote: Wonder if that is because Amazon cargo is slated for designated prime planes and as such their overall capacity isn’t supplanted by stranded belly freight.
No idea...heard the same from them back in December.
Quote: Friends flying Prime Air airplanes have told me their planes aren't really that full in terms of weight or cube.
same here. My buddy said the other week he saw them unload a mattress and boxspring set off his 767. I guess the markup is there, otherwise I don’t see how flying mattresses is a profitable endeavor.