Flight case handle?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to

My *******ing flight case handle just broke.... Any ideas for a quick fix?
Buy a Scott case! Btw, it's 'handle'.
What kind is it? That happened to me last Tuesday, I called LuggageWorks, and had a new piece in the mail yesterday. Until then, I rigged the old one using part of a hanger.
Ive seen two carabiners through the mounting holes from the handle with a piece of metal pipe between them (capped on the ends so it won't slide out of the 'biners). Not sure of the ergonomics but it seemed to work alright. Guess it would depend on how your handle broke. I guess theres always duct tape
HAHA. The same thing happened to me last week on the first day of a 5-day TDY. If the pins that hold the handle on broke like they did on mine, you can get away with reattaching the handle with a couple of big nylon ties like the cops use to tie peoples hands. Maintenance guys will have them. Did a home depot job on it when I got home so its all set now.
I used a screen door hand, gold hardware to match, and used 3/8" bolts to hold on to the lid
I used sheet aluminum and rivited it to the lid for support, and then I rivited sheet Aluminum to the sides and the bottom to keep them from blowing out on me on the road.
not bullet proof, but you can kick the crap out of it now.

Now with a little polish, a cheap 35 dollar bag looks like a 45 dollar bag

Reeves
Quote: I used a screen door hand, gold hardware to match, and used 3/8" bolts to hold on to the lid
I used sheet aluminum and rivited it to the lid for support, and then I rivited sheet Aluminum to the sides and the bottom to keep them from blowing out on me on the road.
not bullet proof, but you can kick the crap out of it now.

Now with a little polish, a cheap 35 dollar bag looks like a 45 dollar bag

Reeves
........priceless
just buy an expensive new.....oh wait, duct tape it i guess.
use Speed tape that stuff wont come off!!!!
Quote: just buy an expensive new.....oh wait, duct tape it i guess.
The Scott bag ain't cheap, but this thread wouldn't have been started if he had one.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to