Frontier Less likely to survive

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to
https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...-left-standing

i don’t know who this person is making these predictions, but I hope he’s wrong.
Quote: https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...-left-standing

i don’t know who this person is making these predictions, but I hope he’s wrong.
Just go ahead and read the article...his points are laughable. Not just for Frontier but for the whole industry, it as if he did absolutely no research.
That "article" contained no facts, figures or numbers.

The fact that we have 700+ million in the bank, the lowest operating costs and the most fuel efficient fleet in the industry didn't even get a mention
It's some guys opinion. He is entitled to it, doesn't mean he is right.

The fact that we have the money in the bank doesn't change the fact that Indigo can walk away fairly easily from the "frontier" project.
Quote: That "article" contained no facts, figures or numbers.

The fact that we have 700+ million in the bank, the lowest operating costs and the most fuel efficient fleet in the industry didn't even get a mention
While we're all rightly proud of Frontier and impressed with how the company is handling matters; even with a National; well considered, & competent policy of managed recovery we'll be very lucky to be flying half our planes 50% full this time next year. while the Majors have deep pockets and entrenched connections I think thats true access all domestic fleets.
The LCCS's are well positioned to profit from a recovery, but if that takes 12-24 months there isn't a commercial airline in the world that can survive without continued government intervention.
In health news; it does look like the absolute death toll; though horrible isn't reflective of the mortality rate; as we're finally seeing some data that shows order of magnitude more infection in the general population than thought; pushing the lethality down much closer to many other seasonal infections.
Sadly this won't change the damage already done to confidence and the economy at large...
>Quick Google search... Shows that i'm not an aviation expert, not even close.:-)
Quote: That "article" contained no facts, figures or numbers.

Yes, it was an uninformed opinion “article” that uses references from equally weak speculation on Airfarewatchdog.com (link below).

I am actually confident that many people that post on APC could write a more analytical and accurate assessment; yes I actually said that.

https://www.airfarewatchdog.com/blog...vid-19-crisis/
Quick Google search... Shows that this guy is not an aviation expert, not even close.
Quote: The fact that we have the money in the bank doesn't change the fact that Indigo can walk away fairly easily from the "frontier" project.
This is a true; however, given F9’s success and amount of money we make Indigo during normal times, I would venture to guess that they would walk away from one or two of their other portfolio airlines before they would walk away from Frontier. I don’t wish I’ll will on any airline or job loss to any pilot, but if it came down to it, Frontier’s survival may very well be funded by the destruction of the “(insert other indigo airline here) project”.
Quote: This is a true; however, given F9’s success and amount of money we make Indigo during normal times, I would venture to guess that they would walk away from one or two of their other portfolio airlines before they would walk away from Frontier. I don’t wish I’ll will on any airline or job loss to any pilot, but Frontier’s survival may very well be funded by the destruction of the “(insert other indigo airline here) project”.
Capitalism (n; dirty word) "Creative Destruction"
The article only echoes Peter Thornton’s recent opinion piece on airfarewatchdog and adds nothing to the argument. My theories are 1) the writers know nothing about the financial state of each company mentioned, ULCC’s, or the airline industry as a whole and only seek to produce clickbait, 2) both have had crappy experiences on Frontier flights, or 3) they bought into airline stocks a few weeks too early.

Neither writers are going to mention that Frontier’s wheelhouse is making money on folks that choose not to (or can’t) spend on anything other than getting from A to B, while unemployment numbers are skyrocketing. Fortunately, none of these articles matter since there are no shareholders to impress.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to