CRJ 200 Pilots TRE/ TRI / Line Check Airman

Notices
Hiring News Latest news and rumors

CRJ 200 Pilots TRE/ TRI / Line Check Airman

Old 04-25-2020, 04:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Default CRJ 200 Pilots TRE/ TRI / Line Check Airman

An upcoming airline in India, ZOOM Air is looking for CRJ200 Captains / TRE's & TRI's & Line Check Airman.

Zoom Air will be operating CRJ200's as Essential Air Service under the Govt. of India's plan to provide Air connectivity to smaller cities not already served by Air Travel. The company will start with 4 CRJ200 & 3 more are coming a few months after the operations begin therefore the Immediate need for Pilots & Mechanics on CRJ 200.

2 TRE / TRI Either Both TRE's or 1 TRE & 1 TRI on CRJ200

2 Line Check Airman on CRJ200

4 Line Captains CRJ 200

Mechanics on CRJ200

All Pilots must have recent CRJ200 Experience in last 6/12 months.

FAA or CANADIAN / ICAO ATP with CL-65 Type, 1st Class Medical, Radio Lic etc etc (Typicall usual stuff)

NO BA+ in at least last 3 yrs, preferably 5 years Ideally NEVER (that's a big one in India)

The Pilots must be willing to Provide / Sign a PRIA auth.

The company is offering a good Salary Package. The Salary will be NET after taxes and the Indian Taxes will be paid by the company. India has NO DUAL Taxation Treaty with USA, so the pilots won't need to pay taxes on Indian Income and effectively the salary will be Tax free ( But I am very careful in using that word, so that I am NOT giving Tax Advise)

$10,000 per month (Net After Taxes) for Line Check Airman pilots.

They are open for a 6 or 12 month contract depending in Pilot's availability / Desire.

Max age is 64 so that the company can get at least 6-12 months from a Pilot.

The perks include a Paid Accommodation in New Delhi (or any other airline base) in a good quality upscale & Fully furnished 2/3/4 Bed Apartment depending on Pilot's Family Size.

Also, Includes all other regular perks which are standard in India, like company paid private Transportation To/From Home to Airport/ Layover Hotel, & upscale hotel & Meals on Layovers, etc etc...

Ideally, they want someone with prev Mgmt Experience who can build the team, Chief Pilot / Dir of Flt Training, Training Dept, TRE/TRI Line check airman & then the team can Train & release the line guys to fly.

The pay is negotiable for the right candidate ( Chief Pilot & TRE / Dir of Training )

They do have some people which they got from recruiting agencies & they are not happy with that process. My recommendation to them was to find American / Canadian Pilots & so they told me to spread the word.

For those who will ask, YES, the Indian DGCA does differentiate between a CRJ 200 & CRJ 700/900 time. That is why, they do need to see at least some CRJ200 time & Experience & some of it has be recent (within 6-12 months)

It can be a paid vacation 6-12 months for those who want a change of scenery or for those who are forced to take an COVID related LOA.

The upside, The pilots get treated the way the Pilot deserve to be treated.
If needed, the company doesn't limit how much fuel you carry, you can carry as much fuel as the W&B will allow, Heck, the Govt is paying for it.

Downside, Indian monsoons are a B!@cth to deal with and A lot of Airspace is controlled by Air Force, there a lot of restricted areas and there are not a whole lot of airports to divert to, so the guys really need to be on top of their game. Plus Indian DGCA is a bigger pain to deal with..

And the line Pilots don't need to deal with DGCA, the company & CP / Dir of Training will do that.

I think Air Wisconsin, PSA , Skywest or any former Comair guys will be a good fit..

Right now, the country is in a Lock Down, but they want to start operations once the country begins to open up..

And I am just the Messenger, so pls don't shoot the messenger..

Shoot all your questions directly to Capt JK Dogra, Dir of Ops..

[email protected]
[email protected]

Disclaimer:

I have NO personal interest in this company, I am NOT a recruiter or getting paid for anything..

I am just posting this upon request from a friend....
Old 04-25-2020, 05:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by bcpilot View Post
An upcoming airline in India, ZOOM Air is looking for CRJ200 Captains / TRE's & TRI's & Line Check Airman.

Zoom Air will be operating CRJ200's as Essential Air Service under the Govt. of India's plan to provide Air connectivity to smaller cities not already served by Air Travel. The company will start with 4 CRJ200 & 3 more are coming a few months after the operations begin therefore the Immediate need for Pilots & Mechanics on CRJ 200.

2 TRE / TRI Either Both TRE's or 1 TRE & 1 TRI on CRJ200

2 Line Check Airman on CRJ200

4 Line Captains CRJ 200

Mechanics on CRJ200

All Pilots must have recent CRJ200 Experience in last 6/12 months.

FAA or CANADIAN / ICAO ATP with CL-65 Type, 1st Class Medical, Radio Lic etc etc (Typicall usual stuff)

NO BA+ in at least last 3 yrs, preferably 5 years Ideally NEVER (that's a big one in India)

The Pilots must be willing to Provide / Sign a PRIA auth.

The company is offering a good Salary Package. The Salary will be NET after taxes and the Indian Taxes will be paid by the company. India has NO DUAL Taxation Treaty with USA, so the pilots won't need to pay taxes on Indian Income and effectively the salary will be Tax free ( But I am very careful in using that word, so that I am NOT giving Tax Advise)

$10,000 per month (Net After Taxes) for Line Check Airman pilots.

They are open for a 6 or 12 month contract depending in Pilot's availability / Desire.

Max age is 64 so that the company can get at least 6-12 months from a Pilot.

The perks include a Paid Accommodation in New Delhi (or any other airline base) in a good quality upscale & Fully furnished 2/3/4 Bed Apartment depending on Pilot's Family Size.

Also, Includes all other regular perks which are standard in India, like company paid private Transportation To/From Home to Airport/ Layover Hotel, & upscale hotel & Meals on Layovers, etc etc...

Ideally, they want someone with prev Mgmt Experience who can build the team, Chief Pilot / Dir of Flt Training, Training Dept, TRE/TRI Line check airman & then the team can Train & release the line guys to fly.

The pay is negotiable for the right candidate ( Chief Pilot & TRE / Dir of Training )

They do have some people which they got from recruiting agencies & they are not happy with that process. My recommendation to them was to find American / Canadian Pilots & so they told me to spread the word.

For those who will ask, YES, the Indian DGCA does differentiate between a CRJ 200 & CRJ 700/900 time. That is why, they do need to see at least some CRJ200 time & Experience & some of it has be recent (within 6-12 months)

It can be a paid vacation 6-12 months for those who want a change of scenery or for those who are forced to take an COVID related LOA.

The upside, The pilots get treated the way the Pilot deserve to be treated.
If needed, the company doesn't limit how much fuel you carry, you can carry as much fuel as the W&B will allow, Heck, the Govt is paying for it.

Downside, Indian monsoons are a B!@cth to deal with and A lot of Airspace is controlled by Air Force, there a lot of restricted areas and there are not a whole lot of airports to divert to, so the guys really need to be on top of their game. Plus Indian DGCA is a bigger pain to deal with..

And the line Pilots don't need to deal with DGCA, the company & CP / Dir of Training will do that.

I think Air Wisconsin, PSA , Skywest or any former Comair guys will be a good fit..

Right now, the country is in a Lock Down, but they want to start operations once the country begins to open up..

And I am just the Messenger, so pls don't shoot the messenger..

Shoot all your questions directly to Capt JK Dogra, Dir of Ops..

[email protected]
[email protected]

Disclaimer:

I have NO personal interest in this company, I am NOT a recruiter or getting paid for anything..

I am just posting this upon request from a friend....
Having many friends from from India that struggled for years to convert their FAA license and go back to find a job in India, i am wondering how in the world they would be able to circumvent DGCA
Old 04-26-2020, 12:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by JohnnyBekkestad View Post
Having many friends from from India that struggled for years to convert their FAA license and go back to find a job in India, i am wondering how in the world they would be able to circumvent DGCA
You are correct that many people have a hard time to
1) Convert the FAA Lic to Indian DGCA &
2) Find a Job.
I am very familiar with both the struggles as a lot of my friends went through the same.

But those people are the ones who have just a commercial multi with just 200-250 hrs of flying time and they want to fly a Boeing or Airbus. And those people struggle to pass the exams and they deal with DGCA as Individual candidate.

In the case of Zoom Air, They are looking for Line Check Airman & TRE / TRI.
Those Pilots will have ATP & thousands of hours of flying time, at least a few hundred hours time on type & they will get a special permission to operate as LCA or TRE from the DGCA.

DGCA already has a provision for such Pilots to operate and it's called FATA, Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization.

The Individuals will not deal with DGCA, the Company will deal with DGCA & it is the company's responsibility to get all the permissions & FATA certifications.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by bcpilot View Post
You are correct that many people have a hard time to
1) Convert the FAA Lic to Indian DGCA &
2) Find a Job.
I am very familiar with both the struggles as a lot of my friends went through the same.

But those people are the ones who have just a commercial multi with just 200-250 hrs of flying time and they want to fly a Boeing or Airbus. And those people struggle to pass the exams and they deal with DGCA as Individual candidate.

In the case of Zoom Air, They are looking for Line Check Airman & TRE / TRI.
Those Pilots will have ATP & thousands of hours of flying time, at least a few hundred hours time on type & they will get a special permission to operate as LCA or TRE from the DGCA.

DGCA already has a provision for such Pilots to operate and it's called FATA, Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization.

The Individuals will not deal with DGCA, the Company will deal with DGCA & it is the company's responsibility to get all the permissions & FATA certifications.
Interesting, will they be provided with a DGCA or will they operate solely under the FAA license?
I suppose this is similar to what Norwegian was doing here, employing FAA pilots and giving them 3 years to convert to EASA.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: CRJ Left/Right

Originally Posted by JohnnyBekkestad View Post
Interesting, will they be provided with a DGCA or will they operate solely under the FAA license?
I suppose this is similar to what Norwegian was doing here, employing FAA pilots and giving them 3 years to convert to EASA.
Most likely a "Validation" ... When I went to OZ, CASA issued a "Validation" to operate only said aircraft for said airline until I was no longer needed... Once converting to the CASA ATPL then I was free to use that certificate... Suspect Indian DGCA has a like program, mate also had a "Validation" to operate Icelandic aircraft for years too...

kampai