Any news at World

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Just curious if anyone has any new information regarding World being acquired by Global Aero Logistics? I understand World is interviewing/hiring a few MD-11 FO's. I would assume this is for attrition. Are there a lot of pilots leaving? Thanks

Bat
Quote: Just curious if anyone has any new information regarding World being acquired by Global Aero Logistics? I understand World is interviewing/hiring a few MD-11 FO's. I would assume this is for attrition. Are there a lot of pilots leaving? Thanks

Bat
There have been several hired at UPS this year. I was called by the CP today for an interview (voicemail). I hadn't updated since December or January. I did leave a resume with them at Air Inc., last Nov. A little too late in my case.
Yes, pilots are leaving because of the uncertiny at World over the GAL buyout and the loss of 3 planes that are are going back to UPS starting at the end of the year. We are being told that World is looking at replacement planes, but there are no pax MD-11 to be had. The B747 program is up in the air due to the buyout. I believe the number is around 26 so far. We are being told that World is looking for 8 pilots. 6 MD-11 FO's and 2 DC-10 FO's with the posibility of all 8 going to the MD-11.

That's all that I know about.
thanks for the reply... was that 26 747's or...?
Quote: thanks for the reply... was that 26 747's or...?
26 pilots have left in the past two months. UPS, retirements and call backs to other carriers.
Quote: Yes, pilots are leaving because of the uncertiny at World over the GAL buyout and the loss of 3 planes that are are going back to UPS starting at the end of the year.
I got the call today as well. I'd like to know more, especially the "uncertainty" that you mentioned. I was told that GAL was planning to grow all 3 airlines equally, but no guaranties.

I'd be interested to hear from any FO's what the lifestyle is like. What can a new hire realistically expect?
Here's what one of our newer crewmembers posted in April:

I've been at World for 18 months and hold open time lines. In that time I've only worked more than 13 days in a month twice. This month I will work a total of 6 days, two of those are travel days (home based from small airport 20 miles from home), so four days of flying for my 65 hour guarantee. At some point I'd like to be able to hold a regular line to make more than guarantee, but I've had nothing at all to complain about here.
Jonny, have you heard any rumors of growth there?
Everything is on hold until we find out if GAL is going to buy WAH. We were told that it should be final in the third quarter of 2007.
Good luck to you. Out for the 3 pilot groups owned by GOL. who's contract is up first?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to