Furloughs Official

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Quote: “First round of furloughs” LOL. All these new hires were still in the schoolhouse, didn’t even make it to sims yet. Anyone could have seen this coming considering every other regional airline has done the same. No line pilots have been furloughed.
Coming from the guy that downplayed this virus and the effects it would have in the first place. And you continue to downplay it. Furloughs are furloughs, bud. Glad you think so highly of those pilots that “didn’t even make it to sims yet.” Wow.
That's unfortunate, hopefully they realize it was a mistake and hire them back quickly
savedbythevnav
As one of the furloughed pilots; It sucks. It ****ing sucks to lose everything you have been working towards for the past 5 years. But we will make it through, it will be okay. I just hope that this move doesnt impact the CARES act, because then hundreds of pilots would also be losing their jobs.
Quote: As one of the furloughed pilots; It sucks. It ****ing sucks to lose everything you have been working towards for the past 5 years. But we will make it through, it will be okay. I just hope that this move doesnt impact the CARES act, because then hundreds of pilots would also be losing their jobs.
First off, I’m sorry this happened. I can’t imagine being in your situation. And secondly, you’re right. If this ********s the CARES Act, you can kiss three fourths of the company goodbye.
Quote: Nope, Skywest is still paying those sent home from training.
You sure? My buddy had zero income and had to file for unemployment. He was 9 days from checkride.
Quote: You sure? My buddy had zero income and had to file for unemployment. He was 9 days from checkride.
I think there was some uncertainty about their status at first.

OO does not consider pilot trainees as employees, so they most likely initially sent them home without pay.

As the CARES act criteria became clear, I think they decided they would need to keep paying them in order to retain their eligibility. May have been a missed paycheck in there, but I'm pretty sure they should be on the payroll from now until 01 Oct.

I wouldn't give OO too much credit, they just didn't want to try to split hairs with congress over the exact definition of "furlough".
Unfortunately CARE Act allows 10% furlough... complete BS if you ask me!! Sorry to hear some of you folks got furloughed.
Quote: No. Not every other regional. Just you and Skywest.

Btw. Real classy to LOL when a bunch of your fellow pilots are furloughed.
The LOL was referring to the OP, nothing to do with the pilots that were furloughed. If you knew this guys post history about RPA on a regular basis and his attitude on the line you’d understand.
Quote: “First round of furloughs” LOL. All these new hires were still in the schoolhouse, didn’t even make it to sims yet. Anyone could have seen this coming considering every other regional airline has done the same. No line pilots have been furloughed.
Air Wisconsin is still finishing out all their new hires and getting them line qualified with no furloughs.

Condolences to your new hires and I hope the cuts don’t go any deeper.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to