Masks in AOC

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
I’ll throw this out there ... it is widely recommended to wear face masks when social distancing isn’t possible. The company and ALPA have emphasized health, safety, and sanitization at every turn. So why are pilots refusing to wear face masks in the AOC during hub turns? More so, why hasn’t the company made it mandatory? Apparently we are required to wear masks now in the Training Buildings, so why the hesitation from the company to require pilots to wear them in the AOC? And why the pushback from a lot of the pilots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe if they gave them out at the desk, instead of putting them on the plane, there would be more people wearing them in AOC. Just a thought.
Quote: I’ll throw this out there ... it is widely recommended to wear face masks when social distancing isn’t possible. The company and ALPA have emphasized health, safety, and sanitization at every turn. So why are pilots refusing to wear face masks in the AOC during hub turns? More so, why hasn’t the company made it mandatory? Apparently we are required to wear masks now in the Training Buildings, so why the hesitation from the company to require pilots to wear them in the AOC? And why the pushback from a lot of the pilots?

“Refusing”? “Hesitation”? “Pushback”? I would say most ARE wearing the mask in the AOC. Even when masks aren’t provided (as Nightflyer) until we get to the jet. Anywho...FCIF just announced. I guess people like you b!tching and sending INSITE tickets worked. Thanks a lot bin Ladin.
Ridiculous
Masks do NO good. Absolutely unnecessary and brain dead.
Quote: Masks do NO good. Absolutely unnecessary and brain dead. Nothing like good ol’ fashioned mob/california mentality to fu*k up peoples lives.
And it seems like just now wearing masks is a little late. Wasn't the whole lockdown and shelter in place so the virus would die after 14 days? Wearing the mask is painless but over half the US population isn't wearing them, so whats the point?
Quote: And it seems like just now wearing masks is a little late. Wasn't the whole lockdown and shelter in place so the virus would die after 14 days? Wearing the mask is painless but over half the US population isn't wearing them, so whats the point?
Maybe “painless”, but a pain in the A$$........and unnecessary, especially considering I get tested prior to each trip. All negative for corona. So why the mask? It’s not protecting me, what’s the point of getting tested?

Must be the same genius manager who decided we should wear a yellow vest once we walk out of AOC, or seat belts on the crew bus. Just wait for it; next helmets will be required on walk around.
Millenial?
Quote: I’ll throw this out there ... it is widely recommended to wear face masks when social distancing isn’t possible. The company and ALPA have emphasized health, safety, and sanitization at every turn. So why are pilots refusing to wear face masks in the AOC during hub turns? More so, why hasn’t the company made it mandatory? Apparently we are required to wear masks now in the Training Buildings, so why the hesitation from the company to require pilots to wear them in the AOC? And why the pushback from a lot of the pilots?

You must be the guy who was “gesture bullied.”

Because the masks are dumb. Wear the masks in AOC but go sit in a full cockpit for a few hours without them....makes perfect sense.

My favorite though is folks who wear a mask and rubber gloves while alone in their car. That’s a special group.
Quote: Maybe “painless”, but a pain in the A$$........and unnecessary, especially considering I get tested prior to each trip. All negative for corona. So why the mask? It’s not protecting me, what’s the point of getting tested?

Must be the same genius manager who decided we should wear a yellow vest once we walk out of AOC, or seat belts on the crew bus. Just wait for it; next helmets will be required on walk around.
Seat belts on the bus are because a crew member got seriously hurt. Vests are an OSHA and/or FAA requirement, not FedEx. Masks are a PITA, how hard is it to put a mask on? I know they are pointless but its really a trivial inconvenience at most. Beats the China swab up your nose and hotel quarantine. Welcome to the new world order of paranoia and fear.
Quote: Masks do NO good. Absolutely unnecessary and brain dead.
ummmmm.. no?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to