Corporate Corporate operators

Corporate Job when Furloughed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 08:42 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RI830 View Post
Thats the truth!! Sleepy Boy loungers, cable tv and endless coffee. Sign me up!
Couldn't agree more, then the front desk girl brings your Uber Eats over to you.

There are good ops and bad, good CEO and bad ones. More importantly when the airlines are hurting usually (not this time) the corporate operation are in just as much trouble.
The company jet is the first thing to go when bad times hit.

I guess win one for the corp guys this time around......

I know Chiefs that won't even look at "airlines resumes" unless you have some prior corp time and a friend that vouches for you.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: A-320 FO

I am a little tired of the corporate (including both 91 and 135) verses 121 arguments. While there may be career 121 guys that never dabbled in the other side, there are many who worked as charter and corporate pilots before making that switch. The realty is that we can’t judge solely based on prior employment history. I also don’t entirely agree that training in the 121 side is better than part 135 or part 91, this is also situation dependent. A good corporate flight department will have guys going to FSI or some equivalent twice per year. A good training center and a company willing to send their pilots makes the difference. One of the things I miss about flight safety is that they actually still teach systems during initial and recurrent.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by gulfstrm5 View Post
Plenty of contract flight crew opportunities at www.crewblast.co if you are still current in type. All different aircraft types available on their platform, a lot of connections to bigger departments.
Do you have an interest in Crewblast?
Old 12-24-2021, 07:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Left seat on a kite

Originally Posted by havick206 View Post
Do you have an interest in Crewblast?
He must….as a previous full time contractor, I never took work via half rate websites. These websites and companies (ACASS and such) suck off the top of the day rate. Charge the owner the 120% day rate and pay the crew 60% of the day rate.
Word of mouth and recommendations are where work comes from.

This thread is over year n half old. There aren’t any “furloughed” pilots looking for corporate gigs.
If there was some hold out, a good hiring dept will sniff this out quickly and such pilot will be fed a nice lunch and shown the door.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
It’s easy for a corporate pilot to jump into the airlines but not so much for airline pilots to jump into 135 and they know that..
Now that's comedy.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:12 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: International Traveler

Originally Posted by WingAttackPlanR View Post
I’m flying Part 91 Globals now and have had at least one 121 buddy ask about jumping to our department if he got furlough from American. Our director is huge on loyalty and flat out will not hire, train and pay a furloughed 121 bubba who’d likely leave when recalled. Safe to say the mindset is “If you weren’t looking to work here when the airlines were going gang busters, than this really isn’t the place for you.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1 Same idea in our department. To each their own and what you prefer to do I will not judge, but we are looking for people who want to work for the company long term not just fill a hole in their career or pad their resume with a new type rating. Loyalty is huge!!
Old 01-16-2022, 04:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by WingAttackPlanR View Post
I’m flying Part 91 Globals now and have had at least one 121 buddy ask about jumping to our department if he got furlough from American. Our director is huge on loyalty and flat out will not hire, train and pay a furloughed 121 bubba who’d likely leave when recalled. Safe to say the mindset is “If you weren’t looking to work here when the airlines were going gang busters, than this really isn’t the place for you.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was the victim of very poor timing with COVID hitting and shutting down my regional just as I was becoming competitive for my dream 91 gig. No flight departments were interested in a furloughee. Oddly enough, after a year or so in the acmi world, a very solid 91 gig presented itself, and shortly after getting settled back into the 91 world, some of the legacies that I had all but written off have started to call. Pretty wild times for the industry the past few years. I suspect that a lot of companies will not have the luxury of being as selective as they once were going forward.