Extended Tine Off/Early Retirement Ofer

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 31
Go to
So is there a quota for either of these programs? Nothing stated right? I’m assuming only the Kompany knows what numbers they’re targeting?
Quote: So is there a quota for either of these programs? Nothing stated right? I’m assuming only the Kompany knows what numbers they’re targeting?

Nothing I've seen, but why wouldn't they want to tell us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Anyone here longer than 4.5 years should consider early separation. Just saying! 😄
Not sure where you come up with that number.

my calculations say 3 years
How does this make any economic sense for SWA? 55 tfp for 5yrs is big bucks vs furloughing someone in a single fleet airline?
Quote: How does this make any economic sense for SWA? 55 tfp for 5yrs is big bucks vs furloughing someone in a single fleet airline?
Being able to get rid of a captain while paying 67 TFP/Month and no NEC appears to save about 100K/year....roughly what a 1-2 year FO would cost. Seems like a fairly good offer to take voluntarily from the top instead of involuntarily from the bottom.
Quote: Being able to get rid of a captain while paying 67 TFP/Month and no NEC appears to save about 100K/year....roughly what a 1-2 year FO would cost. Seems like a fairly good offer to take voluntarily from the top instead of involuntarily from the bottom.
Can you explain NEC for an outsider? Is that company 401k match?
Seems like there's apples and oranges being talked about here. The 55 TFP for 5 years is the max ExTO being offered, and IMO, anyone going out on ExTO for 5 years will be called back well prior to the 5 year point.

The 67 TFP thing and no NEC being mentioned is the VSP.

Two different programs.
Quote: Can you explain NEC for an outsider? Is that company 401k match?

No it's a Direct Contribution (DC) of 15%, not a match. You don't have to put anything in. NEC is non-elective contribution. I may be wrong, but I think SWA is the only one that uses that terminology as they like to do with many many other things...

Quote: So is there a quota for either of these programs? Nothing stated right? I’m assuming only the Kompany knows what numbers they’re targeting?
My guess is the quota is directly tied to the amount they are spending on LG lately. Add that total up, divide it by some ratio of 55&67 and voila, there's your quota.
Quote: Seems like there's apples and oranges being talked about here. The 55 TFP for 5 years is the max ExTO being offered, and IMO, anyone going out on ExTO for 5 years will be called back well prior to the 5 year point.

The 67 TFP thing and no NEC being mentioned is the VSP.

Two different programs.

And they both work out to about the same TFP from the company. Just a matter of when that TFP is realized in your bank account and how close to the max in your sick bank you are.

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 31
Go to