Non Rev

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Hi Southwest folks,

Are you still blocking middle seats? Trying to plan a commute and looking at loads but was unsure of the procedure at this point. Is the jumpseat still available as normal?

Many thanks.
Yes still blocking middle seats and yes jumpseat is available
Quote: Hi Southwest folks,

Are you still blocking middle seats? Trying to plan a commute and looking at loads but was unsure of the procedure at this point. Is the jumpseat still available as normal?
Yes, jumpseat is as normal. We're not specifically blocking middle seats, but the capacity of the plane is capped as if the middle seats don't exist. Just the aisle and window seats, minus 1 D and F (that partial row reserved for an FA), plus the cockpit jumpseat(s).

Families are welcome to sit together using middle seats if they want, but unfortunately that won't clear any more non-revs/jumpseaters if that happens. But if it does, it'll free up an aisle or window seat, and the jumpseater can sit there instead of up front.
Quote: Yes, jumpseat is as normal. We're not specifically blocking middle seats, but the capacity of the plane is capped as if the middle seats don't exist. Just the aisle and window seats, minus 1 D and F (that partial row reserved for an FA), plus the cockpit jumpseat(s).

Families are welcome to sit together using middle seats if they want, but unfortunately that won't clear any more non-revs/jumpseaters if that happens. But if it does, it'll free up an aisle or window seat, and the jumpseater can sit there instead of up front.
Clear as mud, huh?
Quote: Clear as mud, huh?
Exactly. I'm just glad I'm not commuting right now.
Pulling yet another one out of VCV tomorrow, that ought to fix it.
Quote: Pulling yet another one out of VCV tomorrow, that ought to fix it.
Is this one coming out of the Paint Shop? We do have them painted there.
Quote: Is this one coming out of the Paint Shop? We do have them painted there.

Pretty sure painting the planes aren't a top priority
Quote: Yes, jumpseat is as normal. We're not specifically blocking middle seats, but the capacity of the plane is capped as if the middle seats don't exist. Just the aisle and window seats, minus 1 D and F (that partial row reserved for an FA), plus the cockpit jumpseat(s).

I thought that changed where the cap is the cap and jump seater must ride in cockpit even if an aisle seat is available due to families etc if at the cap.
Quote: I thought that changed where the cap is the cap and jump seater must ride in cockpit even if an aisle seat is available due to families etc if at the cap.
I think you may be right. Seems silly, but all of this is changing so frequently it's hard to keep up.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to