Checking firearm if Jumpseat?

Subscribe
Is it possible to Jumpseat on AA and check a firearm?
I'd humbly suggest you take this question privately to your jumpseat committee and not on a public forum.

Thanks
Quote: Is it possible to Jumpseat on AA and check a firearm?
Yes it is. I do it all the time. If you don't make the flight your baggage will get there without you. You'll be able to pick it up at your flavor of airlines baggage office. Not all require you to go to the baggage office but most do. I've had a couple of issues where the bag didn't make it the first flight out (I'm looking at you HOU) but all times it made it by the 2nd day.

Not a opsec issue. You are traveling just like anyone else just getting a free ride sometimes up front.
Thanks....appreciate the insight- I knew we could check luggage so figured it would be ok.
Quote: Not a opsec issue. You are traveling just like anyone else just getting a free ride sometimes up front.
I not a protocol cop, just wondering if the Jumpseat and Security Committees agree with the posting of this information. If they are, I'm good with it. I also understand it's no biggy if we're talking standard ticket counter checked luggage. Thanks.