AA Abandons Unprofitable Intl Routes

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: Interweb rumors of more intl adds coming in May.

JFK - MDE/BOG/CLO.....1x daily

JFK - SCL..... 3x week

JFK - UVF/PLS..... seasonal Saturday’s only.
The plot thickens... northeast alliance and all of the Columbia destinations as well as the St Lucia and Provo are Jb spots. JB adding a bunch of AA MIA flights. Wish I knew what the endgame was here for both.
Quote: The plot thickens... northeast alliance and all of the Columbia destinations as well as the St Lucia and Provo are Jb spots. JB adding a bunch of AA MIA flights. Wish I knew what the endgame was here for both.
I think its just good old competition we’re seeing. JetBlue added flight to MIA, American responded with flights from FLL to JFK/BOS/LAX/PAP. Now this. I believe the JetBlue partnership is very specific to particular routes feeding into trans Atlantic. I doubt this will have a JetBlue code on it.

The whole JetBlue/Alaska alliances have been over blown on here in my opinion. These alliances are a response to Delta, not COVID. Remember in 2019 it was Delta that fired a nuke at AA by stepping in and buying stake in LATAM, simultaneously announces a gateway in MIA and new routes. Soon after AA retaliated with
an Alaska partnership in SEA on trans pacific, and later JetBlue in JFK on trans Atlantic.

These alliances are not a part of some COVID survival strategy, despite what some delusional chief pilot from JetBlue might think. The fact is that AA, Alaska, and JetBlue are fierce competitors, and will continue to be so.
Latest ITK: AA is giving Jetblue LHR slots.
Quote: Latest ITK: AA is giving Jetblue LHR slots.
I read that JetBlue prematurely put heathrow on their website and then removed it. as did the airport itself. Where did you hear it was coming from us?
Tel Aviv and Athens
They haven't started either one but hope they don't drop them.
Quote: Latest ITK: AA is giving Jetblue LHR slots.
I think it’s as good of a time as any for a little fact checking...

JetBlue LHR Slot Award

JetBlue was temporarily awarded London Heathrow (LHR) slots this past Friday by the UK (Airport Coordination Limited). The slot award is for Aug. 2-Oct. 30, 2021. It is unclear what will happen with these slots thereafter.

None of the LHR slots temporarily awarded to JetBlue belong to American Airlines.

Some APA members have asked whether the JetBlue LHR slots are somehow connected to the American Airlines-JetBlue domestic codeshare. They are not.

After the slot awards were publicly disclosed, APA Scope contacted American Airlines Chief Revenue Officer Vasu Raja for further details. Mr. Raja confirmed that American Airlines will not be putting its code on any JetBlue-operated flight to LHR or providing any marketing support.
AA is launching JFK-DEL on 10/31, among some other routes.
Quote: AA is launching JFK-DEL on 10/31, among some other routes.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...ce-new-routes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Dude, I'm totally confused. Which airlines actually fly to IHOP??? Should I be non-revving to IHOP, or should I keep ordering pancakes on line for curbside pick-up?? Thoughts???
Probably should order extra syrup. Butter him up, too.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to