AA Abandons Unprofitable Intl Routes

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...9ZdxB7zWEiIao4

Cancelling numerous Intl routes and some that had been planned but not started yet. On the bright side SEA is going to expand.
Wasn’t this breaking news last week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Key word “unprofitable”... smart move by AA, especially during this COVID crap.
Another tough call but solid move.
I believe the booking window they monitor for such routes as BUD, KRW, CHC is like 7-10 months out. I guess they weren’t seeing strong demand on those routes, and I’m not surprised. Not too many people are going to book a fancy EU/NZ vacation for next summer with the uncertainty around international travel as it stands today. Would you?

However if there’s a miracle vaccine and things snap back to normal early next year, AA can still serve those destinations via LHR/MAD/BCN. Not ideal but hey, what is in today’s world? They can always add the non stops in 2022 if the demand returns.

In other news, AA just brought back LAX-HND and about 8 other Caribbean routes out of MIA and CLT. Hope it’s the right move.
Just rode from AMS-DFW with 15 paxs.

The people at AMS were so excited to have AA flying from AMS.
They had the crew take a nice photo with a “AA welcomed at AMS” sign

Hope those loads come up quickly. A 787-8 with 15 people was awfully fast to board and quite the whole 10 hours
No mention of KEF at all in anything I've seen so far, but I have to assume that it's gone as well. So much for my summer vacation plans!
Quote: No mention of KEF at all in anything I've seen so far, but I have to assume that it's gone as well. So much for my summer vacation plans!
Fly on us to AMS, then Icelandair to KEF.
Is this the end of the 777 in LAX?
Quote: Just rode from AMS-DFW with 15 paxs.

The people at AMS were so excited to have AA flying from AMS.
They had the crew take a nice photo with a “AA welcomed at AMS” sign

Hope those loads come up quickly. A 787-8 with 15 people was awfully fast to board and quite the whole 10 hours
Wow.... food and drink service must've been awesome!
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to