Search
Notices
ExpressJet Regional Airline

ExpressJet Flies West

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 05:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

So sorry ladies and gentlemen. I only worked there for about 2 1/2 years, but the employees are some of the best I’ve been around. Keep your heads up, you should be proud of the work you’ve done over the years for Continental and United, and every other iteration of flying ExpressJet has done.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by terks43 View Post
Welcome to Capitalism. The entire system is set up to be a race to the bottom.
Uh no, fake news. Seriously a bunch of people lost their jobs yesterday and you just want to use it to push your political agenda?
Old 07-31-2020, 05:41 AM
777 - ret

Joined APC: Apr 2020
Position: Waco CG-4 center seat

Originally Posted by Grumpyaviator View Post
ASA was a first class operation with the best training in the 121 world. I’m proud to have been a part of it and am glad to say it has helped shaped me into the aviator I am today.

PS.....SUCKS!!!
Every word of this post applies to me as well. Wishing all of the ASA and Expressjet guys and gals the very best.

PS.....SUCKS!!!
Old 07-31-2020, 06:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Great crews and team members at Xjt/ASA. It was horribly mismanaged and had inept union leadership. Yesterday’s announcement impacts many pilots, mechanics, flight attendants, and their families. While it is tragic, I can’t say it is a surprise that their costs were not competitive. Neither XJT or commutair are paid high enough.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Hey fellow ExpressJetters - There are still a lot of corporate and cargo air carrier opportunities that are currently available when the time is appropriate. As a fellow ExpressJet pilot, I wanted to extend an offer for a 50% discount on any application or cover letter & resume review service. Use coupon code JETLINK at checkout and we will be in touch with you shortly after. We're happy to help any way we can and we wish you the best. Our services can be found at airlinepilotcareers.com/pilot-career-services
Old 07-31-2020, 08:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by LeapFrogg2020 View Post
Hey fellow ExpressJetters - There are still a lot of corporate and cargo air carrier opportunities that are currently available when the time is appropriate. As a fellow ExpressJet pilot, I wanted to extend an offer for a 50% discount on any application or cover letter & resume review service. Use coupon code JETLINK at checkout and we will be in touch with you shortly after. We're happy to help any way we can and we wish you the best. Our services can be found at airlinepilotcareers.com/pilot-career-services
I know you’re trying to help but this is just scummy.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: in a Big Box that moves back,forth, up, down and makes cool sounds

Originally Posted by LeapFrogg2020 View Post
Originally Posted by Scrapdaddy View Post
I know you’re trying to help but this is just scummy.
Yes, and not really completely true either.
Even Flight Instructor gigs have dried up.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:28 AM
Lax 320 fo

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: Fifi Fo

Very saddened and disappointed for my fellow jetliners!

Andrew
G48**
Old 07-31-2020, 10:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 737 CA

ASA guy Sep 2000 to January 2008. What a great time. Brasilia then CRJ 200. Worked last two years in LCA department. Wonderful people all around. Some famous for their flying skills, some famous for their antics and some just famous because they shared names with famous people. Great CP Secretaries that kept us straight and new what paperwork to hand us before we even opened our mouths. That's how I upgraded. I walked in with a long face and Mary (I think that was her name) handed me the upgrade bid form.

Sorry to see the tent folded up. Go ACEY!
Old 07-31-2020, 10:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Tom and Woody are retired... Preben is at JB..All great people

Originally Posted by Speed Select View Post
I was employed at Express Jet 2013-2014. As a CRJ pilot, I consider myself an ASA guy. I flew them as a passenger several times in the early ‘00s, GTR-ATL-GTR. Although I never expected to spend time at a regional, I credit them for getting me to a major.

Great people, great instructors, great pilots. The three pilots that stand out in my mind are the Norwegian Hammer (can’t remember his name), Tom T (training dept), and Capt Woody. They really helped me become a decent 121 pilot through tough standards and great mentorship.

I’m kind of an airline geek. ASA is one of the great originals and I’m very proud to have been an Acey pilot. A sad day in aviation. Good luck to everyone at XJT.