Reapplying after turning down offer!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: He is not asking if they will hire a furloughed AA guy. He is asking if they will hire someone who in the past was offered a job (at UPS), turned them down, and no wants to come after declining the job. Based on my experience, you have close to a 0% chance. You are much better off applying at Fedex.
So you're saying there's a chance!.....
Quote: So you're saying there's a chance!.....
:-)

So you’re telling me there’s a chance! :-)
Quote: He is not asking if they will hire a furloughed AA guy. He is asking if they will hire someone who in the past was offered a job (at UPS), turned them down, and no wants to come after declining the job. Based on my experience, you have close to a 0% chance. You are much better off applying at Fedex.
the OP said he turned down UPS in January. I’m guessing that makes him relatively junior at AA and on the chopping block thus my furlough comment
Quote: the OP said he turned down UPS in January. I’m guessing that makes him relatively junior at AA and on the chopping block thus my furlough comment
This scenario is why I pulled all of my apps once I decided to accept the UPS CJO. I didn’t want to unnecessarily burn any bridges I might want to someday cross. UPS is hardly the only company to hold a grudge against those who give them a TBNT. To my knowledge FEDEX and Southwest also do. In an industry as volatile as aviation is, pursuing multiple CJOs just for the luxury of turning all but one down is foolhardy. Too many folks bought into the idea that pilots had cornered the market despite a lot of warnings from older, crustier pilots who had observed the dynamic earlier in their career. Obviously, too late for the OP, but not for all the guys still hoping to get that “career destination” job someday.
The OP told ups they would prefer to work somewhere else. UPS will remember that and look for those who want to work for them. The OP Has not changed his mind. He is laid off.

As for other airlines I know someone who turned down United for a different airline. Got furloughed, United reinterviewed them just to say. “It sure looks like you made the wrong choice.“. They spent money and time to spit the individual.
I made a mistake and told UPS HR that when asking for my path forward. They told me to re apply and I did.. my app went active but that was just the computer saying will be looked at.
Quote: The OP told ups they would prefer to work somewhere else. UPS will remember that and look for those who want to work for them. The OP Has not changed his mind. He is laid off.

As for other airlines I know someone who turned down United for a different airline. Got furloughed, United reinterviewed them just to say. “It sure looks like you made the wrong choice.“. They spent money and time to spit the individual.
That’s brutal!! The good news is that the OP will likely have a job to go back to in a few years
Was told a story years ago about a new hire leaving for Southwest either during or right after training. The pilot who put in a recommendation, was called in and basically told he could never recommend another pilot here. True or not true, I would not count on getting on here after turning them down.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to