Allegiant to extend more .....routes

Subscribe
Furlough......yet extending routes. Such a paradox!

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/story/n...nd/3515622001/

Allegiant to extend more than two dozen seasonal routes

EGLIN AFB — Allegiant Air plans to extend 29 seasonal routes to help meet soaring demand.

Flights are now on sale and will be extended through April 2021 instead of ending next February. They will connect cities such as Chicago, Boston and Las Vegas to Savannah, Georgia, San Diego, and Sarasota, Florida, according to the Las Vegas-based airline.

Extended seasonal routes to Chicago, Boston and Houston will include those via Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS).

More:NWF airports grow together despite unique histories

Allegiant flies more than 450 routes across the United States. Each of the airline’s extended routes is scheduled to operate multiple times per week and will provide travelers with “ultra-low-cost” nonstop flight options, according to Allegiant.

Flight days, times and fares are available at Allegiant.com.

Okaloosa County Commissioner Carolyn Ketchel, who is the liaison between the commission and the county's Airports Department, said local officials are excited that the airline industry overall is starting to bounce back from the COVID-19 crisis.

“I think some people are so reticent about flying, while others have embraced it,” Ketchel said. “I think the airlines have taken precautions so the spread of COVID is limited, if at all. Of course, we depend on Allegiant to bring tourists to our area.”
Quote: Furlough......yet extending routes. Such a paradox!

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/story/n...nd/3515622001/

Allegiant to extend more than two dozen seasonal routes

EGLIN AFB — Allegiant Air plans to extend 29 seasonal routes to help meet soaring demand.

Flights are now on sale and will be extended through April 2021 instead of ending next February. They will connect cities such as Chicago, Boston and Las Vegas to Savannah, Georgia, San Diego, and Sarasota, Florida, according to the Las Vegas-based airline.

Extended seasonal routes to Chicago, Boston and Houston will include those via Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS).

More:NWF airports grow together despite unique histories

Allegiant flies more than 450 routes across the United States. Each of the airline’s extended routes is scheduled to operate multiple times per week and will provide travelers with “ultra-low-cost” nonstop flight options, according to Allegiant.

Flight days, times and fares are available at Allegiant.com.

Okaloosa County Commissioner Carolyn Ketchel, who is the liaison between the commission and the county's Airports Department, said local officials are excited that the airline industry overall is starting to bounce back from the COVID-19 crisis.

“I think some people are so reticent about flying, while others have embraced it,” Ketchel said. “I think the airlines have taken precautions so the spread of COVID is limited, if at all. Of course, we depend on Allegiant to bring tourists to our area.”
I'm so confused. are we growing while shrinking or shrinking while growing?
I fly 'em TYS/MDW. Last month yes. This month no. Oct. yes. Hard to tell.