Special Issuance, Regional FS vs OKC

Subscribe
Hi all, starting process of special issuance 1st class. Was just wondering if anyone had any input on using a regional flight surgeon vs Oklahoma City? Didn’t know if one way is usually quicker to be processed than the other or not? I know at OKC they just do all their consulting through mail, maybe the RFS office could actually do an in person visit? I feel like my chances of a quick process would greatly increase if I could see someone in person, instead of just sending some docs and waiting to hear back. Thanks in advance for the info!
Quote: Hi all, starting process of special issuance 1st class. Was just wondering if anyone had any input on using a regional flight surgeon vs Oklahoma City? Didn’t know if one way is usually quicker to be processed than the other or not? I know at OKC they just do all their consulting through mail, maybe the RFS office could actually do an in person visit? I feel like my chances of a quick process would greatly increase if I could see someone in person, instead of just sending some docs and waiting to hear back. Thanks in advance for the info!
Quick process and the FAA? Not possible.
Depends on the issue. There are things that RFS’s have the discretion to cut through the bureaucracy with and things that they don’t. Generally, it’s never a bad idea to have them on your side, or at least it was pre-COVID. Don’t know how accessible they are now.
Quote: Depends on the issue. There are things that RFS’s have the discretion to cut through the bureaucracy with and things that they don’t. Generally, it’s never a bad idea to have them on your side, or at least it was pre-COVID. Don’t know how accessible they are now.
alright, thanks for the info!