HNL layover and eating out

Subscribe
I see the state of Hawaii allows surfing and running as an essential activity but seems to be lacking on details about substance. I'm in the Hyatt Place twice with 20+ hours and the hotel is not renowned for its restaurant. Where and how have we been dealing with eating? I'd like walk to one of the places near the beach (after I finish surfing, of course ) and have some Mexican and a milkshake. Like to avoid another SIN incident.
Last time I was there you were good to walk to and from a restaurant to get food. Can't sit down and eat or stop on the beach.

Ask the driver on the way to the hotel. His company only does us now and he (or his wife) always have the latest intel.
Quote: I see the state of Hawaii allows surfing and running as an essential activity but seems to be lacking on details about substance. I'm in the Hyatt Place twice with 20+ hours and the hotel is not renowned for its restaurant. Where and how have we been dealing with eating? I'd like walk to one of the places near the beach (after I finish surfing, of course ) and have some Mexican and a milkshake. Like to avoid another SIN incident.
Currently in HNL. Although some remain closed, most restaurants are open for takeout only. But if they have an “outdoor option” they will allow dining there - Dukes as an example. Hyatt has grab bags (Hot sandwich, coffee, juices free each day for breakfast), no room service, no gym, no pool and Dominos is open until 1 am. Food trucks adjacent to the hotel are good - tai, mexican, pizza, etc. Beaches are open and state parks are closed - Diamond head. Aside from the masks it’s not too bad. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Surf N Turf Tacos in Waikiki is really good after the beach.
Quote: Surf N Turf Tacos in Waikiki is really good after the beach.

Yes, this place is open and a good meal, my first choice for tacos in Waikiki. I live in Waikiki and fly locally. The restaurants across the street on Kuhio at the International Market are open and dine in, The Mi Almita Cantina and Burger Hale are all dine in now.